Trouble finding other burners.

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Trouble finding other burners.

Postby iaschuster » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:52 am

My name is Ian and I live in the fairly out-of-touch city of Tallahassee, Fl. I was just wondering if anyone who uses this board lives in Tallahassee as well, or if anyone would know a good way to find people who would like to participate with me. I've never been to burning man, but I really think that in order to get a more enriched experience I want to be a part of a themecamp. As a virgin to burning man (and a student), I doubt that I will have the knowhow or the resources to start my own themecamp, so I plan on trying to join a pre-existing themecamp. Is there any way that would be best to go about finding a themecamp that I can help out with? Do I have to be located especially close to the other participants of the themecamp or can I meet up with them at the burn and help out there? Oh, in case it helps, I am going to be attending burning man 2008. Thanks for any help you can give me! Feel free to send me and IM or an e-mail.
iaschuster

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:44 am

have you checked out the regional section of this board? how about the regional contacts section on the mainsite: burningman.com
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby mladypain » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:26 pm

I've got some friends in Tally. I'll poke 'em and see if y'all can't connect :)
Laura
mladypain

theme camps

Postby spidermonkey » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:35 am

this year was my first year, i went with two friends and we got adopted into the gypsy nomad camp. but if you check out the burning man 2008 forum, and click on theme camps 2008 there are a few. i would check out the booby bar if i were you. i was thinking about joining them myself, and they said virgins are welcome :) good luck!
spidermonkey

Postby Toolmaker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:55 pm

I'm a little further south but will be in attendance in 08. There is a thread here somewhere about florida burners where a few folks chimed in. I wanted to do a group thing with some other FL folks to share resources and offset our costs of transport etc. My plan is for 2 days hotel before to get shopping done and 2 days after to rest up. I will probably fly and rent a vehicle to get to BRC. I did Reno this year and was thinkin it may be nicer to deal with a longer drive to BRC and check out Sac/SF/LA for arrival location. Drop me a PM if you ever make it to S FL and are interested in the co-op thing.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Return to Get Involved!