1000 Burner Protest: Project Jericho

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Postby DJ Dominus » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:50 pm

I'm protesting the protest. If you want to do something, start your own gig, on your own turf, on your own time, on your own ideals. Until you can do that you're just suckling from the power teet you purport to detest. What's worse is you apparently don't realize this. I admire your attempted ideals, but it's a bit naive to think that you can have less than what is necessary to have what is at an event of this scale. Randomness happens, person(s) dies, now it's sue everyone and their mother time by living relatives. It's already happened. It's the American way. Are you seriously going to walk into a court of laws and be like "Yo my high ideals was/is we gonna be happenin out in the desert judge. Wasn't my fault, but yah I organized it"? Pahhhhleeeeess. Thats why you have an LLC. So the people trying to do good, well possibly trying to do good, don't end up in jail and/or broke. The corporation just gets potentially shredded.
DJ Dominus

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:50 pm

By all means, dude. Exercise your right to disagree. It's the same thing I'm doing. See you there.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby plowman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:01 pm

corporate sponsership at burning man is BULLSHIT!!
From what I've heard, the Man won't even burn this year,just alot of lights and dust. Smoke and mirrors
A cop out and a sell out!!
Damned right I'll protest that.
It goes against what burning man is about.
plowman

Postby Archantael » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:29 am

plowman wrote:From what I've heard, the Man won't even burn this year,just alot of lights and dust. Smoke and mirrors

Whomever said that is simply trying to spread FUD around. It's false, it has no basis in reality, and like the assurance of death and taxes, you can rest assured that the man will be burned this year.
Archantael

Postby Finnegan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:37 am

The rumors were better last year.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Archantael » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:54 am

Bacon should be better this year. It always gets better.
Archantael

Previous

Return to Get Involved!