Newbie seeks creative people in need!

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Newbie seeks creative people in need!

Postby animus » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:54 pm

I have never been to Burning Man before. Once upon a time, I met a friend through a friend. I only met this guy for one evening, but tales of his life and lifestyle were the stuff of legend. I'm utterly cynical; I'd always assumed Burning Man was some sort of orgy for LARPers where they heaped on ridiculous troll costumes. But this sage young man spun threads that captivated me. It sounded as if Black Rock City carried the seeds of some impossible world riddled with mystic portents. So here I am, rock me like a hurricane! I've decided I'm ready to do this. I'm a creative, open minded person who is going it alone, because his current friends are too []. (that's a square)

So two things
1) If you have capacity for pooling transportation, I would love you forever if you could help me out in that direction

2) I DESPERATELY want to be involved. But striking out something on my own, well, that seems difficult. If anyone can use help and they're doing something really creative, especially if it involves writing, music, or psychological/philosophical/whatever things (counseling? Mind reading? Catapulting the works of Socrates at targets made from recycled cans? ) I am dying to hear from you!
animus

Postby LeChatNoir » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm

Welcome Home, animus.

It might help to know where you're coming from. I've crossed paths with people who need help with large projects and were willing to help you get there for your assistance/play when on the playa.

Keep an eye on the 2007 Art & Perormance page. Lots of projects are starting to form and people are posting details.

Glad you found us!!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby MikeVDS » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:12 pm

I'd always assumed Burning Man was some sort of orgy for LARPers where they heaped on ridiculous troll costumes.

That is the Renaissance fair. Though the troll costumes might be... well... just might kick ass! :twisted:
MikeVDS

Postby animus » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:51 pm

[quote="LeChatNoir"]Welcome Home, animus.

It might help to know where you're coming from. I've crossed paths with people who need help with large projects and were willing to help you get there for your assistance/play when on the playa.[/quote]

Washington DC, so there's a 99% chance I will be flying into Reno or maybe SF. Although I'm not wholly adverse to driving across the country...
animus

Living Pulse would love for you to participate!

Postby irisclearwater » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:10 am

Hi! Thank you for your posting! We are making a forest of musical trees with a heart and sacred sanctuary in a larger tree at the center (please visit www.thelivingpulse.org). We would LOVE your help this week end, which will be our final big building week end, in Berkeley. All details on the website, or contact me at www.thelivingpulse@fastmail.net. All my best, and appreciating your generous enthusiasm, Iris**
Visit www.thelivingpulse.org to learn about and participate in our Living Pulse project.
irisclearwater

Postby EricMagic » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:43 am

You would Love Beach Paradise.

Just bring a couple of fake Palm Trees, lots of RUM, beach balls, sea creatures, sand castle supplies, and massage lotion.

Any mental musings, physiological, physiology, or New Age Stuff, or music should be focused on relaxation, being a Beach Bum, and of course, Paradise.
<>
Relax, Be Bold, Dream, Live Large, Elevate
<>
EricMagic

Postby daMongolian » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:56 am

There is the Burning Man rideshare board

http://www.burningman.com/calendar/year ... hp?id=2436
daMongolian
Black Rock Ranger
The above comments are my own and are
not meant to represent the opinions or policies
of the Black Rock Rangers, the Burning Man LLC or anyone else.
daMongolian

Postby gyre » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:42 pm

What do you have to do to get in?
I've never been able to.
Still can't.
gyre

Postby daMongolian » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:51 pm

daMongolian
Black Rock Ranger
The above comments are my own and are
not meant to represent the opinions or policies
of the Black Rock Rangers, the Burning Man LLC or anyone else.
daMongolian

Postby gyre » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Hey, there really is a separate ride share area.
I thought that was just an in joke.
So, any ideas why I can't log in?
Do I have to register separately?
If so, how?
gyre

Postby gyre » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm

I tried the original link again and this time it didn't ask me to log in and I reached the ride share area.
I didn't do anything differently.

Huh!
How about that?
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Return to Get Involved!