Need a rideshare? 2007

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Need a rideshare? 2007

Postby londongirl27 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:10 am

Hello

I am a 27 year old woman from london travelling with my brother and friend (who is another woman) from london uk to burningman this summer. :lol: I am looking for someone to join us and share cost of gas (petrol) and driving. We are flying to vegas and then on to Reno where we will be hiring an RV and driving to and from the festival. I think any RV will probably seat six so room is no problem.

We are chilled out, chatty first timers and really looking forward to this. it should all be lots of fun. :P

Look forward to hearing from you

Ro
Looking forward to burninman 2007!
londongirl27

Re: Need a rideshare? 2007

Postby Toolmaker » Thu May 03, 2007 6:47 am

londongirl27 wrote:Hello

I am a 27 year old woman from london travelling with my brother and friend (who is another woman) from london uk to burningman this summer. :lol: I am looking for someone to join us and share cost of gas (petrol) and driving. We are flying to vegas and then on to Reno where we will be hiring an RV and driving to and from the festival. I think any RV will probably seat six so room is no problem.

We are chilled out, chatty first timers and really looking forward to this. it should all be lots of fun. :P

Look forward to hearing from you

Ro

Just in case you didn't know.. once you're in Reno you are VERY close to BM. The drive is so short that it would be a cakewalk for one person to handle the drive. As a first timer be sure to absorb all the knowledge on the burningman site in the guides and heed all warnings.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby robbidobbs » Fri May 04, 2007 9:48 am

FYI: getting an RV in Reno is nigh impossible around BM time. Reservations are necessary if you can find a rental co that will sign you at all.
Their onto us.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Postby Thecatman » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Sierra RV in Reno is booked. www.sierrarv.com. They inflate their rates anywhere from $3200 to $7500 for the week. Depending on the size. But again, they are booked.
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Fat SAM » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:30 pm

I recommend, also, that unless you have some sort of special need, you go without the rv anyway. RV's can rapidly become long term comfort zones on the Playa and you can end up missing an awful lot, particularly as first timers. Get the experience; camp out of doors. Stop at Twin City Surplus in Reno, buy yourselves some camping equipment, and head out. Even if you ditch the stuff when you leave, you'll only be out $75 each. And by ditch, I guess I mean pass it on to someone else, sell it, gift it...whatever. You MUST stop in Reno before you leave and have drinks at the various local burner bars, post-burn anyway. Look for Abby's on W. 4th and the Zephyr on Virginia St. Another good spot to find burners is the El Dorado Buffet on most any morning for the week after the event. Peace and have a great time!
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Return to Get Involved!