Looking for leaders who want to make a difference...

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Looking for leaders who want to make a difference...

Postby Burning Ransom » Wed May 02, 2007 8:50 am

...that makes a REAL difference in the world!
This is my first Burn, and I AM getting soooooo excited about it! Just about 4 months away!!! I'm just about to start a project, and I'd like to tie it into the Burn and health and wellness... I feel like the community of Burningman is a huge resource of people who want to make a difference... I'm just not exactly sure what project I want to create! Any ideas or suggestions? Any people I can talk to? I'm thinking of something like getting info out to people about wellness (in the body and/or in the environment) to maybe organizing a group of people to do a run and get sponsored and donate the $ to a cause... like maybe Bay to Breakers in SF next May... running attire optional?!?!?! :oops: :lol:
Anyhoo, if you have any ideas, I'm totally open!!!
Courageous Carrie
Creating limitless possibilites... :o)
Burning Ransom

Postby MikeVDS » Wed May 02, 2007 5:05 pm

Hmm. 4 months is actually not a very long time to do things so you better get cracking. Health and wellness eh? That's a tough one. I've seen people teaching fencing classes, yoga classes, pole dancing classes, and even sex classes. You could do something like that. It sounds like you don't know where you want your project to go. You could make a large art piece reflecting your ideas and then burn it some night.

Do you have a background that gives you more knowledge on health and wellness than most? Do you have other talents that you'd like to express?

With the time left, you'll probably be on your own for the project this year unless you have some simple known tasks that others can help with. Being your first year you may want to keep it simple so you don't tie yourself up and can experience what other bring and help them out. You may want to seek a camp doing something you enjoy and help with that rather than trying to start your own project if you want to do something big. Without a plan and needing help with 4 months is a tough situation. If you're really dedicated you can pull of something big, but consider what you're getting into.
MikeVDS

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Postby robbidobbs » Fri May 04, 2007 9:51 am

Here's one way you can make a real difference, and it takes minimal prep and/or volunteers.

Talk to people around the porta-potties about treating them with respect. Oh, and bus the place while you're at it. Nunthin's worse than tp blowing into your camp.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Return to Get Involved!