Orgone accumulator

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Orgone accumulator

Postby 2_rivers » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:47 am

A decked-out orgone accumulator that people could hang out in would be the SHIT for 2007!!! With all necessary warnings posted of course. Who should I talk to to get this thing going? ie. a large scale art/science project
2_rivers

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:37 am

just build it yourself. Having built them in the past, what warnings are you refering to?

Or are you talking about a cloud buster?
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby 2_rivers » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:12 am

In "Ether God Devil and Cosmic Superimposition" Reich says that using orgone accumulators in a clinical environment to relieve "chronic emotional armoring" he almost killed a couple people who'd been heavily armored all their lives. Dude, you've built one of these things? Awesome! I looked on the web for plans for one and found nothing, but I know the design is quite simple from having read Reich.
2_rivers

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:30 am

....I built a small version that held a water vessel, the idea being that the accumulated orgone would be absorbed into the water, then when you would drink the water. Also, objects placed inside would become orgone charged and thus become measureably less in weight.

After several months, I discontinued the experiment.

I see no danger in building an orgone accumulator, and allowing folks inside.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Sync » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:16 pm

I built a four foot accumulator cube years ago and found it an interesting experience at times. You only need two materials, sheet metal of any thickness (thin being the word here), and cellulose insulation board, which is a cheep and abundant building supply. Sheet metal layer on the inside, cellulose on the outside. You could even burn the outside instead of taking it down (course, that leaves you hauling away fried dirty sheet metal).

If I remember correctly, the box can get toxic around florecent lights and possibly strong AC magnetic fields. There was some stated concern that kidneys could become clogged if the energy caused a tumor to dissolve.

It would probably be fun for the placebo effect alone.

Orgone.....Dome? Seems like to get any attention it would have to be big.
Sync

Return to Get Involved!