nighttime videographer

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

nighttime videographer

Postby joshi » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:32 pm

Hey kids -

I'm looking for someone with a good video camera who will be filming at night who would be willing to take some footage of my piece sometime during the week.

The details: The piece is a computer-controlled LED-lit bamboo-and-fabric walkway outside of the Black Rock Housing Authority (a large-scale sound-art camp) dome. Assuming all goes according to plan - and yes, I know what an assumption that is - it should be up and running even on Monday, and then will run each night throughout the week.

Right now, the show I wrote for it is 23 minutes long. I just installed it at a party we threw here in MI and realized many changes I want to make in it, lots of stuff that needs to be scrapped or shortened, but I suspect that the final draft will be at least that long. Now, I don't need someone to film the whole thing, but getting a lot of it would be nice..

Anyone able and willing to do this? And send me a video clip afterwards?

Thanks bunches!

joshi
joshi

Postby PHOTOgeek » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:30 pm

Can't help you with the video part, but would be willing to do some nighttime still photos of your piece in action.

Sounds like a cool project, I might be able to get some good shots of it!
Check out my site for some examples of my work.

Have a great burn!
PHOTOgeek

Postby joshi » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:57 pm

Hey cool... take some shots! We're at 10:00 and Chance.

Have a great burn yourself!

(now I sleep, then craziness)

Kazoo
joshi

Return to Get Involved!