Critical Tits

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Critical Tits

Postby Taz » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:09 pm

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the organizers of Critical Tits? :?:
Taz

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Safer Sex

Re: Critical Tits

Postby Almost » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:44 am

[quote="Taz"]Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the organizers of Critical Tits? :?:[/quote]

They generally discourage touching.
Almost

Postby Bee » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hehe. You made a funny. What exactly is critical tits? I'm new to this all. :?:
Bee

Postby Almost » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:17 pm

It's an event at burningman that was started to create long discussions on the eplaya and tribe.

It may have had another purpose originally but I'm not sure what that was.
Almost

Postby dr.placebo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:50 pm

Critical Tits is a tradition at Burning Man where many (maybe over 2000) women ride around the playa on bicycles and the women mostly have bare or painted breasts.

It was started by a small group of women with a nod to the Critical Mass bike rides in SF, and one of the stated purposes was to celebrate the female form. It has become controversial partly due to "girls gone wild" style photographers, partly due to the party held afterwards (most men are excluded), and partly because there are guys who can't handle seeing bare (or painted) breasts.

Some people like it, some don't. I like the originally intended spirit, but the debate around it tends to be accusatorial.
dr.placebo

Re: Critical Tits

Postby SED » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:32 pm

Taz wrote:Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the organizers of Critical Tits? :?:

Have (or have had) tits. Otherwise, have fun storming the castle.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby Bee » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:16 pm

Yeah I can see how the "girls gone wild" photograbbers started misuseing the event. It's really a total shame because the idea behind it is so awsome. And i can also imagine it hightened not only the event but BM it's self.

I have no problem with pepole taking pictures of me in nude (It's what I do) but god damn it....I would like to be getting paid for it if someones gonna whack of to my tatas! hehe. Maybe that makes me materlaistic or maybe that makes me a liberated women. I have no idea. Guess its how u interpite it. ;)
Bee

Postby SED » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:36 am

Bee wrote: I would like to be getting paid for it if someones gonna whack of to my tatas! hehe.

Wouldn't that violate the whole 'no-commerce' thing?
SED

Postby Bee » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:02 pm

Yes it would violate the ideas behind burning man. Therefore I'll just keep my tatas to myself :P
Bee

Postby SED » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:26 am

Bee wrote: would like to be getting paid for it if someones gonna whack of to my tatas!

Does this mean that I owe you money already?
SED

Postby joel the ornery » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:21 am

Bee wrote: I would like to be getting paid for it if someones gonna whack of to my tatas! hehe.

pay-pal?
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby Ron » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Bee wrote:Yes it would violate the ideas behind burning man. Therefore I'll just keep my tatas to myself :P

Well, as an ass man, I suppose I'll get by. ;)

Ron
Ron

Postby Lorgasm » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:42 am

Critical tits Rock!
I did my first parade in 2004 (my 3rd journey home). It was very liberating and empowering. You get out if what you want. Kind of like the burning of the man. Something I've always considered a cleansing experience.

Its just a bunch of us sistahs doing our thing. Explore and Celebrate the Goddess within!!!!! And don't even get me started on "after party". OMG! With that said, let me shout THANK YOU TO ALL THAT MAKE THE CT PARADE POSSIBLE AND THE PARTY TOO. You are forever in my heart.

You wanna take a photo? Fine. I trust you. I do not and will never ask for money. Just make sure you're tagged cuz I will hunt your ass down.

carry on.
Peace and Playa Dreams,
lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby SED » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:15 am

I believe I was at the 2004 after party. Yikes.
SED

Postby Lorgasm » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:22 am

SED,

Then you know. There was this bitchin bartender there that totally hooked me up with this cool drink called The Scorpion. Yummy. I didn't get to join my fellow goddesses at the ice sculpture. This year I'm plannin on it! (among other things). It was my first CT experience so I was still kinda waden in the waters so to speak. Even so, I just couldn't get over the feeling I was getting there. Such love. Hope to see you there this year.

Race ya'
Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby SED » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:21 am

Hope to see you too, but you know I can't get in without a date.
SED

Return to Get Involved!