I'm a virgin

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

I'm a virgin

Postby UnOrthodox » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:55 pm

I've been reading up (read: murdering my mind with thousands upon thousands of lines of text) on getting prepared for Burning Man, as I'm very seriously considering attending this year, but if I go I want to be part of a group of some sort.

Any suggestions (for finding a group, or otherwise)?
"The proverb warns that 'You should not bite the hand that feeds you.' But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself." -Thomas Szasz
UnOrthodox

Postby searock420 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:34 am

Check out the regionals area here and tribe.net.I'm a virgin myself and am going down with a 4 year vet.See ya on the Playa!
searock420

Postby fancy1 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:26 pm

Hey Searock, Coos Bay too? We're neighbors! Been going for years. Anything I can help with, let me know.

Fancy
LAFers
Coos Bay, OR
Planet Earth
"the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"
fancy1

With a subject header like that, how could we not answer!

Postby Guignol » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:40 am

Finding a group is alright, but in my experince (I've shown up alone a few times, I'm from Baltimore) the place to put ur attention is in finding a ride and a good place to volunteer. Once that bit is worked out, you could show up naked with camelback and a wagon full of cornchips and after your first few hours of working with almost any crew on anything you would have friends and a place to camp and nevr remember why you were concerned. You could just show up and pitch a tent somewhere kinda central and ask around if you wanted (I've done it). Don't stay home because you can't get it worked out, it will work itself out.

There's some high-falutin' playa talk for ya! Hope to see you there.

-B
Guignol

Postby BAS » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:05 pm

To my considerable surprise, my vacation request was suddenly approved, and I now have the weekend before Burning Man through the week after Burning Man off! :shock: I have never been to Black Rock City before, despite wanting to go for years, and am now trying to figure out the logistics of going. Despite having the Snowflake Village/Burning SNOW people just over in Milwaukee, I haven't had the time to get over there and meet 'em yet, so I might wind up doing the solo camping thing. (Or semi-solo-- a friend of mine is very interested in going, but has been having health problems lately, which may be heat related. :( )

Anyway, with some (good) luck this might be my first year! :D

Now, if only I can figure out how to obtain and customize a bus before the end of August...! :wink:

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby BAS » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:48 pm

P.S.: I've got a line on two 250gal. fuel tanks for waste veggie oil, to keep costs down on the trip there and back..., just no diesel vehicle! :?

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Return to Get Involved!