Sortable camp listing

Sortable camp listing

Postby swampdog » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:36 pm

I took the camp listing, stuck it in Excel, and broke apart the "clock" address from the "street" address. So you can sort and slice and dice. I left the original address in column b but hid it. Sorry if you can't do excel, it's what I got. FWIW.

http://tinyurl.com/79bpm
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby drakewayson » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:01 pm

Awesome job!!! Now if we could just put the description from Burningman.com alongside each.....
I look just like Teddy Roosevelt except I'm taller, heavier, have no moustache and am much younger. Bully!
drakewayson

Postby swampdog » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:11 pm

Thanks! I actually fiddled around with combining everything into one xls with descriptions and all, but the data isn't formatted so it's kinda hard. I may mess around with it some more later....
swampdog

Postby swampdog » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:28 am

Well I spent way more time on this than I should have. Joys of insomnia.
http://tinyurl.com/dzakd
Caveats: The 2 lists only match up about 90% - lots of camps on the description list that don't match up on the placement side. Also, sometimes the name is different on each side, for instance extra spaces, and that breaks it.
Getting the descriptions into a single cell was kinda funky. No guarantees that I got it all or anything. (hell, no guarantees at all!)
Two pages - one called "locations" which is just the same as yesterdays. One "locations and descriptions" that has everything
I assume you know how to do formatting etc to see what you want. For instance, to see the boxes expand to show all the text, do format/cells/alignment and check the box "wrap text"
I stripped out all the logic, hoping that would make it smaller. It's still almost 400k. Feel free to contact me if you want to see the logic.

I did some spot checking, things seem to match up pretty well, but like I said, no guarantees.

ETA: My sources were:
http://www.burningman.com/themecamps/05 ... ill_1.html
and
http://www.burningman.com/themecamps/Fi ... ist_05.htm
swampdog

Your Excel listing is fantastic!!!!

Postby Cheryl_Kitty » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:07 pm

Wow!!!

When I saw that no one was replying to your post I thought maybe it just got lost in the noise but it looks like it has had hundreds of reads!!!

Great work....you deserve a PBR at Apokiliptika (if it existed) from Major Roosevelt (if he existed)....

Great job. If you decide to repeat this effort next year, you should get in touch with the BM staff and make your post early and sticky. I find the perusal of the Camp Listing at BM not super helpful. While this document rocks!!

Bully!!!!
Cheryl_Kitty

Postby swampdog » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:51 pm

Thanks, you are too kind. Now that I've got it worked out, I should be able to do it in half an hour next year. If Kamp Apoliptika existed, I would certainly stop by and look for Major Roosevelt. If he existed.
swampdog

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:24 pm

ANONYMOUS PROXY LIST: http://www.checkproxy.net

I demand Knighthood for Swampdog!!!!!!

Postby Major Roosevelt » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:26 pm

swampdog wrote:Thanks, you are too kind. Now that I've got it worked out, I should be able to do it in half an hour next year. If Kamp Apoliptika existed, I would certainly stop by and look for Major Roosevelt. If he existed.

....don't tell me you came by Apokiliptika and didn't identify yourself. Few know that you need to be knighted or something....

Next year do it early and you will have one of the top visited threads. Ask the ORG to make it sticky!!!!

Bully!!!
...it's the KASTAPO...like the Gestapo...only eviler...with more naked body parts...
Major Roosevelt

Outstanding Work!

Postby randman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:19 am

Way to go Swampdog!!! I have been at my wits end trying to contact a certain camp through postings, but to no avail. Oddly though, I still can't seem to find any contact information on the FreedomCommunity Village. They were located at 7:30 and Bipolar. Am I missing something in your database? Any ideas of how to look further?
:?
randman

Return to 2005 Theme Camps