"Pool Boy" or "Pool Girl" Needed for BM

Postby landra_lee » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:38 pm

AntiM wrote:eye roll It was sarcasm, Landra, sarcasm. Like I actually would blow chunks in a pool on purpose...

It is Just A Fucking, Bulletin, Board and e-bashing is an Olympic sport!

Well, maybe it's just me, but I don't like negativity in general, so I tend to think e-bashing (or bashing of any sort) is kinda lame. So blowing chunks or not, I think it'd be lovely if everyone was just kind to eachother, even playful sarcasm can be hurtful sarcasm. And I just thought alot of the responses were far more rude than the original post.

And as for the sexiness of the poolperson, boy or girl, I understand the whole thing about the "looking for a young girl to share my RV" thing, cuz trust me, I have seen my share of that kind of stuff also. But nowhere did I read an insinuation of any sexual persuations... and several listings are often claiming to have the biggest this, the best that, yadda yadda... it's all just out of excitement and to entice.

As for the cross-posting, I dunno, I haven't had time to peruse the whole board lately (been too busy packing and doing things) so I just check in here at the Theme Camp section to keep my ear to the ground about whats goin down round town... :wink:

I dunno. I just wanna have fun.

Bicker if you must. Lemme know who gets the Gold.

I'll be gluing rhinestones.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity!!
landra_lee

Postby Steven bradford » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:13 am

Poor babies.
Steven bradford

Postby Kinetic IV » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:42 am

I'm still thinking the toxic chemical laden grey water plan consisted of a crescent wrench opening a couple of drain plugs and letting Lake Lahontan naturally filter the toxic stuff. You know...after it's percolated back down to the water table....not hearing anything different leaves the situation open to speculation....

In any event I'll spare my riding crop from this point forward for flogging more important things. If the pool does make it to BRC I wish everyone associated with it a good burn.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby AntiM » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:35 am

Eh, it takes all kinds (you, me, all y'all) and cynical humor does not always translate well into an electronic forum. If you knew me you wouldn't take me so seriously, just as if I knew your friends I might not have jumped in about the post.

Landra, do have a most excellent burn, and have fun, fun fun.

Seriously.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby stuart » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:17 am

I have heard a rip roaring string of cynical humor come out of Tommy's mouth. He'd approve I think.
call me baby
stuart

Postby blyslv » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:25 pm

Is it true what they say? They say you can take the measure of a man by the size of his fingers.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby stuart » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:49 pm

i don't recall his fingers being inordinately large. As a result I would not expect his gloves to be either.
call me baby
stuart

Postby Isotopia » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:32 pm

Is it true what they say? They say you can take the measure of a man by the size of his fingers.

Well, you know what they say. Big feet mean...
Isotopia

Postby Badger » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:33 pm

Big socks?
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Kinetic IV » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Why not go to Jiffy Lube and find out for yourself!
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby Bigfinger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:55 am

JEeezz!!!!! you guys are a volatile bunch!!!

1) Sorry for the cross-posting- i wasn't aware that it was such a grave offense, and i still don't really understand why it would get people in such a tizzy. take a chill pill already.

2) The Pool HAS TO BE PRIVATE BY DECREE of BORG. We HAVE TO CALL IT PRIVATE BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT WILL BE SHUT DOWN. Go check out the law if you don't believe me. That being said, would you consider us private when the '80s exercise troop came through in 2003 with their spandex and walkman's on, uninvited and unknown to us before that glorious moment?

3) As for the water and our disposal of it- don't worry about it. we've got it covered, with total respect to the playa. the pool is also on astroturf which protects the playa throughout the week.

4) don't you people have anything better to do than bitch bitch bitch? again, take a fuckin chill pill, and figure shit out before you start jumping to stereotypical conclusions that line up perfectly with your complaining agenda.

TBF
Bigfinger

Postby Bigfinger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:01 pm

and by the way, bitches (because that's what you do), we got our pool guy- he owns a spa and pool construction company. that pool's gonna be crystal-clear, my friends who like to hear the sound of their own bitching.

if yer human enough to admit defeat, maybe i'll even extend you a free pool pass.

thanks Stuart and Landra for the back-up.

TBF
Bigfinger

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:16 pm

Bigfinger wrote:thanks Stuart and Landra for the back-up.
I don't know stuart, you may have lost credibility on this one. Judgemental snivlers can pull you down... Lucky for you you can afford the occasional lapse.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Bigfinger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:19 pm

dude, who's the judgemental snivler? from your very first post you been being judgmental. and now you can't take the truth that you're a chronic complainer? there's no judgement there- i'm just stating fact. all you have to do is go back to the thread for proof.
Bigfinger

Postby mo_corleone » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:30 pm

Bigfinger wrote:As for the water and our disposal of it- don't worry about it. we've got it covered

awesome. would you mind sharing at least a general overview of how this is done? i've struggled with methods for gray water management and removal and it sounds like you might have some valuable information. thanks in advance.
~ erratically self-sufficient ~
mo_corleone

Postby Bigfinger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:34 pm

and, My Dear Cryptofool,

might i draw attention to the fact that you tried to 'profile' me in the manner that people are profiled by race and other meaningless and dangerous criteria. You tried to say that because I was listed as being from Hollywood, that means i'm some ignorant asshole. wow. you don't even know a damn thing about me. even if i was from Hollywood, you've just condemned everyone that lives in Hollywood as an asshole. But it just so happens to be that I just moved here from NY a few months ago. how cryptofoolisah you are. a judgmental sniveler calling the kettle black.

TBF
Bigfinger

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:34 pm

Tommy and Tomas are anything but exclusionary or elitist. I think they're trying to be responsible, rather than just bringing out a bunch of gear and having a playa free for all. I've been in the room when Tomas has walked people through all the steps they go through, it's definitely not a 'dump the truck when nobody's looking' kind of thing.

While the wording may not come off right, and it may be cross posted in some way that violates the rules of netiquette, I'm glad they're lining up someone who knows their shit to watch over that part of their setup.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Bigfinger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:49 pm

[quote="mo_corleone"][quote="Bigfinger"]As for the water and our disposal of it- don't worry about it. we've got it covered[/quote]

awesome. would you mind sharing at least a general overview of how this is done? i've struggled with methods for gray water management and removal and it sounds like you might have some valuable information. thanks in advance.[/quote]

The answer simply is: $ in the hands of the right people. More than that I shall not tell. Please don't condemn me for not sharing any more specifics. there's no trick on our end. just a little cash and fancy finagling.
Bigfinger

Postby Steven bradford » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:57 pm

But you haven't answered the most important question!!!!

Is the pool boy Hott, in, or out of, a Speedo?!

And congratulations-- That's really a lot of work to get that all set up.
Steven bradford

Postby AntiM » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:04 pm

Ah, a tempest in a teacup. A round of chill pills indeed; physician heal thyself. Deep breath everyone, and quit with the name calling already. Snide can be funny, but mean is ugly.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Will » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:05 pm

Bigfinger wrote:4) don't you people have anything better to do than bitch bitch bitch?

Um, no they don't.
Will

Postby ZaphodBurner » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:25 pm

Bigfinger wrote:even if i was from Hollywood, you've just condemned everyone that lives in Hollywood as an asshole. But it just so happens to be that I just moved here from NY a few months ago.
TBF

LOL. You're not helpin' your case here, pard. Welcome to the west.

FIGHT! FIGHT YOU DUST-COVERED DEVIL-WORSHIPPING HIPPIE MOTHERFUCKERS! I GOT FI'E DOLLAR ON THATTHERE FREAKY-LOOKIN' ONE!

Have a great burn!

-c
"So I'm packin' my bags and I'm leaving today for Hollywood...
Go on an leave all your books, you won't need any in Hollywood." -Floater
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Bigfinger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:35 pm

[quote="Steven bradford"]But you haven't answered the most important question!!!!

Is the pool boy Hott, in, or out of, a Speedo?!

And congratulations-- That's really a lot of work to get that all set up.[/quote]

Of course he's hot!!! This was all a front, as Cryptodouch so accurately suggested, for me to get laid. and now, i've even turned gay to fulfill his words.
Bigfinger

Postby Sobretta Franjipan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:20 pm

Bigfinger wrote:JEeezz!!!!! you guys are a volatile bunch!!!

HOT LAVA!!!

So when's the chill-pill-all-inclusive-bang-the-pool-boy party anyways?

SF
Sobretta Franjipan

Postby Bigfinger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:27 pm

[quote="Sobretta Franjipan"]
pools are gross on the playa.

Do the "sexiest freaks on the playa" (ha hahahahahahahahahaha-really, that's good) have the top international DJ's spinning by their PRIVATE pool?

[/quote]

But why, oh why would you wanna know Ms. Sobretta? pools are gross on the playa, aren't they???

And yes, we have at least LA's best breakbeat DJ's spinning.
Bigfinger

Postby joel the ornery » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:37 pm

i am becoming less envious of this year's attendees the more i read.
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby Sobretta Franjipan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:48 pm

O.K. I admit it-I thought the chill pill idea along with checking out the pool boy sounded, well, peaceable (along with lightening up this thread) but your so darned cranky, nevermind.

I live close to Hollywood. Does that make me an asshole by proxy? Why not! If you live in L.A. and can't make fun of it, you're in for a tough ride.
I'm so stoked about leaving soon I can't get into this bickering. And I don't get why you wouldn't share your grey water disposal tips when so politely asked.

SF

Come drink at Monkey Butter Bar! All invited!
Low in Carbs! High in Fun!
Sobretta Franjipan

Postby Chai Guy » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:04 pm

Watch the name calling bigfinger, it's not allowed here. People didn't appreciate your idea and they let you know it. No one resorted to calling you names and I would like you to extend us the same respect. If you have a point back it up with facts, or humour, or sarcasm, or whatever, but leave the childish taunts on the playground where they belong.

It seems like you don't have much problem dishing it out, so learn to take it once and while, OK?
Chai Guy

Postby Bigfinger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:11 pm

[quote="Sobretta Franjipan"]O.K. I admit it-I thought the chill pill idea along with checking out the pool boy sounded, well, peaceable (along with lightening up this thread) but your so darned cranky, nevermind.

I live close to Hollywood. Does that make me an asshole by proxy? Why not! If you live in L.A. and can't make fun of it, you're in for a tough ride.
I'm so stoked about leaving soon I can't get into this bickering. And I don't get why you wouldn't share your grey water disposal tips when so politely asked.

SF[/quote]

Wait a second, i'm not allowed to joke? after bashing the shit out of me for a couple of days straight, I'm not allowed to have a little fun with you? What you're calling cranky is more accurately objectively seen as sarcasm. especially since i answered your dj question seriously, thus engaging the conversation. but no, you had to get all bent out of shape AGAIN. and start going into LA shit. Who said I can't take the piss out of living in LA? I was just responding to you people ignorantly taking the piss out me.

AND, I did politely respond to the request for information on 'our grey water' tips. the answer was and still is "There ARE NO grey water tips. we don't do anything innovative to remove the water. We pay to have it removed. Who we pay is our business. Hopefully you can respect the fact that I do not want to reveal that over a public forum. Capesh?

I must admit this thread and the majority of the people on it take themselves waaaayyyyyyy to seriously. you are ridiculously lame, in love with your cliquey little shit-talking banter. you know who you are.

damn, all i wanted was a pool boy....
Bigfinger

Postby stuart » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:12 pm

don't you people have anything better to do than bitch bitch bitch?

no I don't. And fuck you for asking.

[eta] I'll explain why crossposting sucks next time I see you. It's about S/N.
call me baby
stuart

PreviousNext

Return to 2005 Theme Camps