Where was I going?:GPS Project

Where was I going?:GPS Project

Postby djzip13 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:59 pm

First, a question to get this started. How long does it take for five kids with ADD to change a lightbulb? The answer: "Want to ride a bike?"

If you don't get it right away, give it a minute.

Burners, on the playa, do you ever feel like you never get to where you were going? Even better, have you found yourself asking yourself, "where am I going?"

OK, the idea for the project. We would like to pick three random people who arrive early in the week at burningman. We attached a GPS tracking device to them that they will carry for the entire week at all times. Once finished, there routes will be displayed on the web with time display.

Can you imagine the routes? Does anyone walk a straight line? Our test is to see if anyone does not become victim to ADD at burninman.

I can't take the credit for this idea. I give credit to Domino for the thought. But it is one we would love to see implemented. To do so, we are looking for a GPS tracking devices. If anyone has assistance, please advise. If we can come up with hardware, another posting will come for volunteers.

Input is welcomed!
djzip13

Return to 2005 Theme Camps