First-timer looking for a Cool Camp!

Postby Mr Handyman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:17 pm

I want to hook up with a Cool camp...preferably one that does something helpful for others in a creative way. Like...helping with art construction or art car construction, camp construction, working with tools, etc.

I've been checking a bit, and haven't found anyone looking for what I've got to offer. Actually I can't seem to find ANY camps looking for some more members...maybe I just don't know where to look?

I checked with Black Rock Hardware Camp, which seemed like a perfect fit, but they have enough people already. Their spokesman/contact was really cool about it though...invited me to stop by and have a drink with them!

So...any suggestions for an excited, skilled first timer?

BTW- I run a small construction/repair business and have an RV...so I figure I MUST be an asset to any camp...right?
Mr Handyman

Hi Handyman

Postby Corinna » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:54 pm

You may be in luck. We (Mystical Misfits) are all experienced burners. This year we have decided to be an official theme camp which means more planning and set-up time when we get there. Our fearless leader John is handling the camp design but we need backbone to make it happen. The artcar is built but needs decorating. If you are interested please send me a reply to Makeupguru2@yahoo.com and we can talk details. Hope you are in the L.A. area, there is much to be done before we actually get there.
Corinna
Corinna

Postby Mr Handyman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:04 pm

Fortunately I get to live in the SF bay area...so unfortunately I wouldn't be available to help before the event.

I was considering going a day or two early though(like Saturday morning) and would be able to help once I arrived.

Thanks for your offer and I'll email you.
yeah...what that smart person over there said!
Mr Handyman

Postby sputnik » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:19 pm

Don't leave early and expect to be admitted to the event unless you're registered at the gate with a theme camp as an early arrival.
It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby Mr Handyman » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:49 am

O.K.

I'm guessing that I would be able to show up on Monday and start helping?... unless I was put on the list for a camp that I joined?

Thanks!
Mr Handyman

Postby joel the ornery » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:57 pm

there are no cool camps
only cool campers
go about your business.
this is only a test.
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby Mr Handyman » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:56 pm

I can only hope to be a "cool camper".........

maybe if I were able to join Shade camp...or Misty Camp...or Ocean camp.........then I'd be able to "be cool!"

Are there such camps?

How do people keep cool out there, I've read a little about misters, though I don't know how easy they are to set up.

Anyone need a plumber out there? I can definitely help in that department!
Mr Handyman

Postby Mr Handyman » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:00 pm

Still haven't heard from any camps that need some skilled construction help, or even some skilled partying help!

What's up? I must not be posting in the right area.........or is every camp all set with people and skills...and there is truly "no vacancy"

Ummm.........1st timer here.........looking for a cool camp to enjoy the Art, people, sights and sounds.........possibly be able to help out on an Art Car or Art Project.........something!

Any leads or responses are welcomed!

Thanks!
Mr Handyman

joining a camp

Postby dancelovedrum » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:26 pm

we are not an "official" camp but a group of people coming together looking to also join a camp with electricity/generator plug in capibility for a toy box and can contribute money and labor for this convenience. Also in the process of constructing an art car. We are in the SF, Santa Cruz, Monterey area if you are interested in helping us put together the art car.
dancelovedrum

Postby Clownsuit » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:16 pm

If you're all interested and can tolerate our point of view, then y'all may be able to join up with The Guns and Dope Party camp. Check out our thread in this forum for more information.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Clownsuit

Postby mamagrrl » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:19 pm

Mr Handyman wrote:Still haven't heard from any camps that need some skilled construction help, or even some skilled partying help!

What's up? I must not be posting in the right area.........or is every camp all set with people and skills...and there is truly "no vacancy"

(knocks sawdust from hair...)
...more like we're busy and not living on eplaya.

Iron Rose is in the Bay Area (Redwood City, on average) and we are welcoming a few more virgin burners. We're a smaller camp, high-participation pre-playa. In the works: an art car (with invitation already), a misting garden of mutant flowers, a 24' 3v shade dome, a juke joint, personal living domelettes and a kick-ass gray-water system. All were started a few months ago, most near structural completion. No Personal Drama folks will fit in well.

We frequently gather to work on camp stuff, so get in touch if you're interested. Even if you don't wanna camp w/us, we're always open to folks playing along. Weekdays. Weeknights. Weekends. Someone's usually puttering on something. Get in touch if you're interested.
mamagrrl

I'm sure BMorg needs help

Postby AmarettoMan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:09 pm

Maybe, since you live in the Bay area, you could contact them and see what help they need. :evil:
"Blessed are the dumbfucks, for they shall inherit a fruitcake." ***Biff***
AmarettoMan

sound of mind always open to new talent

Postby djkepi » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:37 pm

see if this fits what you are looking for in a camp to help out.

http://www.soundofmind.org
see the "participate" link as well.
djkepi

Open Camps

Postby Stilesfamily » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:26 am

If you are looking fo a quite place where you can help as much or as little as you want you can check out the Alternative Energy Camp, AEZ. And i mean quite as in, you won't wake up to the sound of generators or the smell of exhaust, Some of us party hard, some are mellow, but its a warm and friendly community. See us at

http://www.ae-zone.org/

Kerry
Stilesfamily

Return to 2005 Theme Camps