seeking a camp

seeking a camp

Postby Deku » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:28 pm

I'm gunna be a 2005 virgin so who wants to pop my cherry? I'm 18 my name is Niall, I'm from berkeley and I'm a carpentry apprentice. Wassup?

Thanx and Thanx
Deku

Postby Deku » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:32 pm

I've heard of a virgin tribe but i can't find any contact info, does anyone know about that?
Deku

Postby sputnik » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:39 pm

It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby Deku » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:29 pm

thank you
Deku

Be wary of the E-Playa...cuz it still aint the real playa

Postby cynik » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:25 pm

Picking a theme camp is a tough call. Especially if you dont know any/all of the members personally, because every camp (and persons IN that camp) has their own preference, agenda, and ideals. And by prefrences, I mean that not everyone is into loud or late-night music, drugs, debauchary, or any number of crazy things. Some theme camps even want people to throw in money (ahem...Deep End), something which I find to be a complete joke and utterly against the spirit of BM.

We had people who stopped by our camp on monday looking for a good camp, and since they were cool as hell and down with our scene, we wanted them to joined up. We also had people who showed up late night Wednesday, set up their stuff and didnt even say hello to us even though they were in our camp.....not cool, now take a hike.

So dont bang you head against a wall trying to find the right camp...especially before Burning Man. Because out there, the right camp will find you out....but only if your mind is open and free of all these silly pre-concievd notions that some people build up before even stepping foot on the playa.

Cheers!
cynik

Burning Since: 2003

Postby HughMungus » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:31 pm

There's costco for soulmates...how about something similar at Playa Info?
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:11 pm

Adding to those comments, if your camp that blindly invites you to be a member is a member of a village, then (sort of like playa CC&Rs) you become a cross to bear for the entire village. Why join a camp in the first place? Sure, they're fun, but if you are alone you may want to find a group of people who too are newbies. 7 years ago when I first went, I only knew what I could ascertain from the then-limited web. Now you can be completely educated; but look for like-minded people. A camp or a village takes a quantum leap of work that you simply may not be ready to commit to. Just my thoughts, YMMV.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Return to 2005 Theme Camps