ARE THERE ANY GIRL CAMPS? (as in "family")

ARE THERE ANY GIRL CAMPS? (as in "family")

Postby Emane » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:05 pm

Two girls are camping in a tent somewhere in the wilderness of the playa. It would be great if we could be close to our own kind, either put up our tent nearby or stop by and hang out.

I browsed thru the Theme Camps on bm.com, did not see anything of such sort, but maybe you gals are hiding under some cooool name :wink:
Emane

Postby blyslv » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:06 pm

Well I'm pretty sure that about 50% of the people out there (more or less) are girls.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Emane » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:28 pm

blyslv wrote:Well I'm pretty sure that about 50% of the people out there (more or less) are girls.

statistically speaking should be about 51% . :idea: but thanks for the insight! :lol:
Emane

Postby blyslv » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:04 pm

It might help if you were a bit more specific. I have no idea what you're talking about. If you are looking for gay women, it would help to just say so. If you are looking for children friendly camps that welcome girls, it would be equally helpful. But really, it's kind of cryptic right now.
blyslv

Postby Rian Jackson » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:07 pm

Pretty much what I was going to say. Are you concerned about safety? Or just the company of chicks?
surlier than thou
Rian Jackson

Postby Nightterror » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:27 pm

Hi - yes there is an all girl camp. It will be located at 4:30 and Gastalt, right next to the "Free Shower Bar." Sorry, no Berkenstock's allowed.

Hope to see you there.
I express my excitement by brutally interrogating whomever is nearby
Nightterror

Postby Isotopia » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:27 pm

did not see anything of such sort, but maybe you gals are hiding under some cooool name

You're not, um, takling about the, uh, Isle of Lesbos camp are you?
Isotopia

Postby Zulegoona » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:13 pm

There are always a predominance of Californians there so there are bound to be a lot of girly men,.....

Actually there might be a female based camp, or maybe you and your friend could organize a lose confederation of women yourselves.
I think with the openness of people and the surreal often gender bending environment you might find that it isn't something you really need.

be open to all people, have fun
Zulegoona

Postby uBeRpLaYa » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:08 pm

wHy dOn"T yOu gO tO aPoKiLiPtIkA. tHeY sEeM tO hAvE a LoT oF gIrLs. eXcEpT mE.
uBeRpLaYa

Postby Isotopia » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:59 am

be open to all people, have fun

And remember, its OK to say LEZ-bee-un
Isotopia

Postby Will » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:58 am

Isotopia wrote:
did not see anything of such sort, but maybe you gals are hiding under some cooool name

You're not, um, takling about the, uh, Isle of Lesbos camp are you?

:D That was the best way to explain why Jeff left the show. He was missed for the 4th season. It's too bad they decided not to make any more Coupling.
Will

Postby blyslv » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:01 am

lesbian

lezbeone

lessibun

Franz Liszt ain't one.

(damm, i think she's right!)
blyslv

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:32 am

And if you want a high femme camp, better be specific that way too.

Unless what you want is to wait until ct and then have your new friends moove in with you.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:17 am

blyslv wrote:lesbian

lezbeone

lessibun

Franz Liszt ain't one.

(damm, i think she's right!)

You forgot Lez-Bean. Heard that one once in the South - me and my best friend went into this local redneck bar, someone asked where we were from... when we told them Oakland, the local color asked if "hey, are y'all a couple of them lez-been chicks from Californey?"...

Always a little tipsy in that situation, and not one to let an opportunity like that go (gawd, i gotta be crazy!!) I think I replied something like... "Hmmm, could have been, tho I'm also a sucker for the right kinda guy..."

Silence. Then a roar of laughter and got free drinks for the both of us the rest of the night (Gawd, I miss Texas sometimes!!). Looking back, I'm glad now we weren't fricasee'd. Or accosted. Or worse. Something about being youngish and ditsy and friendly (and a little drunk, with a west coast accent) probably saved us from something bad happening. But still, when I hear someone mention "Lez-Beans" I can't stop laughing...

Now, on to seriousness... (Who? me?? Serioous??)

I have heard (rumors only) that the 4:30ish pie-wedge area is predominantly gay camps, and the 7:30ish one is predominantly straight camps. Or maybe it's the other way around. I don't pay attention to too much stuff like that, tho... Maybe I ought to ask one of my lez-bean friends if'n she knows...

BBS
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby blyslv » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:23 pm

There's also a vanilla hetro ghetto somewhere. There's a people who share political opinions ghetto. THere's a ghetto for those who pursue similar recreational interests.

Like minds abound.
blyslv

Postby Isotopia » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:13 pm

I'm still wondering if dykes are recruiting with toaster ovens.
Isotopia

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:39 am

And I'm wondering if the "family" in question has any connection to CM.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Womans' Camp

Postby barry14 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:34 pm

possibly this will help (from a cut-and-paste job of last year's guide)

Women's Temple
Women's Temple is a place where every woman's boundaries and unique growth process are deeply respected. It's a place where women believe in the healing powers of coming together and sharing the wisdom of their embodied spirits with each other. Our vision is to create a sacred space for women to rest, rejuvinate, nurture and learn from each other.

Hometown: Portola Valley, CA
URL: www.womenstemple.com

I was at BM in '03 with a young female friend. She spent quite a bit of time at the WT. Wonderful expericence for her.

If your concern is safety without hassles. I can recommend the camp I'm joining.... details upon request.
By the time you claim you're his, shivering and sighing. And he vows his passion is, infinite undying. Lady make a note of this, one of you is lying. Dorothy Parker
barry14

Postby Tiahaar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:21 am

Oh fer heaven's sake, just look for nice folks camped by a rainbow flag and park nearby, then hoist up your own rainbow flag to add color to the air. Most of them are gay/gay friendly me thinks?
Burning Man 2003-14; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage and Sound Tech
Keru's Phenomenal Phantasmagoria of Terrors and Delights
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Return to 2005 Theme Camps