Bay Area newbie looking for crafty camp

Postby Catballou » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:44 pm

I'm a hard worker and I'm good at most kinds of arts & crafts. Would love to get involved with a group doing hair wraps, braiding, henna tatoos, jewelry making, etc. I have an extra ticket at this point, and might be interested in going in on an RV rental.
Catballou

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:16 am

Cat--I'm going to be camping at ESD with my husband, one of the medics, but I have a crafting jones. Maybe if you like we can hook up on playa.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Catballou » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:30 pm

Sure. I like to play with fish ;). What's the ESD?
Catballou

Postby mamagrrl » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:22 pm

You might want to check out Iron Rose. We're based in the Redwood City/Fremont area.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ironroseevents/

We're doing a LOT of crafty stuff pre-playa. Had a mutant game table making day last weekend. Turned out AWESOME in an Mutant-Martha-Stewart sort of way. (and wouldn't we all love to mutate martha stewart?) Stitch 'n bitches every other week to get our playa-couture ready. A mutant vehicle to futz on - a field of enormous (and tiny) misting-flowers in process... and decorating the juke joint. That's underway too. Creative and Crafty fun all over.

On-playa, we have a Pyramid of Perfection that's open for Iron Rose campers (and others) as a place to offer services. We've got a men's toenail painting gig already placed and have more room for other folks too.

We're all about the no-personal-drama, though. We like a cozy, friendly camp, eh?!
mamagrrl

Return to 2005 Theme Camps