Seeking auction callers, fur trappers, and random junk!

Seeking auction callers, fur trappers, and random junk!

Postby Shinxy » Wed May 11, 2005 6:02 pm

Fort Bane Trading Post is seeking out anyone with a good set of lungs and an outgoing attitude to help us barter and gift away our collection of weird junk. We're one of the attractions at the Glee Club International Headquarters theme camp, and we'll be holding informal auctions most nights. This would involve standing on top of a big platform, wearing a coonskin cap and breeches, yelling into a bullhorn, and hocking art and "found objects" to hapless strangers and passers-by. Not a bad job by any means, but we can't do it alone, and we'd love YOU to work a shift for us any night of the festival! We pay you in liquor and a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be loud, be seen, and gift it on a massive scale.

Also seeking:
•Interesting things you'd like to barter away! We'll help your doodad, chatchki, or thingamajig get the widest exposure possible, and get you tons of offers. Come with a set of groucho marx glasses, walk away with a set of antlers! The possibilities are only limited by what you bring in.
•Beautiful men and women willing to strut their stuff and showcase our junk like Bob Barker's "Price Is Right" girls. Sequined gown optional but encouraged.
•Anyone who likes this idea and would like to help it become reality in any way.

Questions? Comments? Ideas? Sock em' to me!
aka Twin, Luminary BRC Lamplighters
'04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '10
Shinxy

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu May 12, 2005 8:34 am

Wow. Sounds interesting. I think I'll drop by.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Shinxy » Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 am

We'll likely be camped at one of the plazas. Look for us in the guide!
Shinxy

Postby robotland » Mon May 16, 2005 9:09 am

Can I trade some skins for a sack of cornmeal? Me'n Bear don't make it down out'da mountains right often.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Shinxy » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:00 pm

*bump*

We're still looking for people to help out and camp with us. We operate out of Boston, but we accept people from all over. We will be in California the week before Burning Man, then driving out. This is a great chance to play a central part in a nascent theme camp, meet some new people, and contribute to the community. We've also got a few couple other things lined up- bicycle driven mobile bars, and a lucid dreaming center which will involve a certain ammount of (perfectly legal) ethneogenic experimentaiton.

Get in touch! Time's a wastin'.
Shinxy

Postby Fat SAM » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:50 pm

I'll be camping with my wife and some of our friends, but I'm SUPER down to be an auction caller!

Homina, shomina, shrunken monkey head, faux fur coat...the lady in the front wants the monkey head! Going once, going twice, monkey head, sold! To the lady in the front with the exposed penis!
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Return to 2005 Theme Camps