"Goddess a-Go-Go Bar" & Stage: Revival at BRC

Goddess a Go-Go Bar : Revive it in '05 at BRC ?

Planet Wow should retire the flaming bar-top dance pole?
No votes
or should Goddess a-Go-Go revive in '05 ?
100%

Total votes : 6

"Goddess a-Go-Go Bar" & Stage: Revival at BRC

Postby cooch » Wed May 04, 2005 1:33 pm

In '04 Planet Wow opened up the Goddess a-Go-Go Bar & Stage at 3:30 & esplanade, alongside the aereal acrobatic rigs, and video projection screen that aired 'What the Bl*%ep ' and other imagery. Bands played the stage & newfound goddesses emerged from the shadows to strut, stride & raise the heat amidst the dust of the playa -all night, every night on top the ropelit bar and on the flaming pole at the apex of the runway. So much needed energy got burned in a frenzy of delight, and creativity & participant expression were highly sought and encouraged for the public benefit of all comers. Many of us thought it was amongst the most beautiful & sensual images out on the esplanade last year (in a year of much dusty windblowing & ltd visibility). This is the time when we are gaugeing the interest & energy to bring back the bar & stage for another fun run. As a bartender there, and as a goddess-tender to our sisters having a space to emote, be ecstatic, and honor the DANCE, it is key to our continued creation of this space to get your feedback. Will this event continue to flourish? Or will this stage and bar scene just wither and blow away, remaining just a memory of playas past?
Please share your opinions & input on this topic. How do U feel about it?
"cOOch"
"tending to the goddesses, one at a time"
cooch

Postby sputnik » Wed May 04, 2005 5:40 pm

I don't have an opinion. I think you should decide based on whether or not you had fun and felt that the people who participated had fun.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

FUN? The Goddesses who danced were Fr**cken Elated !

Postby cooch » Wed May 04, 2005 6:47 pm

Without doubt all goddesses who dared to ascend the bar had a terrific time, as observed from the bar pit where I stood. :lol: However I've come to learn that there is an 'element' out there that would deny the goddesses the stage to display their glorious being.
Sad but is it true? That is why I put the task to you.
"tending to the goddesses, one at a time"
cooch

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu May 05, 2005 8:33 am

I'm with Sputnick on this one. When people ask me why I proposed marriage to wife, I tell them it just got to the point where I couldn't imagine not doing it. Validation of your dream on a board like this does not make it any more or less real. I confess that last year's project does not offer me the same zeal as the new art I am launching this year. So as I put the finishing touches on the new one early this year, I wait for the old one to present itself to me and tell me what it wants to be. Time, however, is running out for this pondering of the muse.

I'll see you on the playa in whatever resplendent get-up you choose, even if is just to roam the playa and take it all in. Have you already done that?
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Re: FUN? The Goddesses who danced were Fr**cken Elated !

Postby sputnik » Thu May 05, 2005 8:42 am

cooch wrote: However I've come to learn that there is an 'element' out there that would deny the goddesses the stage to display their glorious being.

I never say things like this, but FUCK THAT. Why should you care? There is an element out there that doesn't like post-apocolyptic nightmares. Is that stopping Apokolyptica? Does TOA stop coming because there are BDSM haters out there? When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did that stop the US from going to war.....sorry I started channeling John Belushi there...
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby landra_lee » Tue May 10, 2005 12:28 am

BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK!!!
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity!!
landra_lee

Return to 2005 Theme Camps