Oasis Dome

Postby spectabillis » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:02 pm

falk wrote:Yeah, the misting system did a great job of keeping the dust down. During the Friday dust storms, we had to keep peeking out the doorways to see if the storms were still going on.

Thats amazing on how it takes the dust out. I am thinking just about anyone can add a small entryway to whatever opening, put in a mister and piece of carpet to remove shoes, and you have a dust-free environment for the entire event.
spectabillis

Postby oggie » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:09 pm

Hey Falk,

Cool space!

Already looking forward to BM06 and wondering where you found to be the best place to source your EMT in the bay area?

Oggie...
oggie

Postby falk » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:22 pm

oggie wrote:Hey Falk,

Cool space!

Already looking forward to BM06 and wondering where you found to be the best place to source your EMT in the bay area?

Oggie...

Thanks.

Home Depot had the best prices I could find anywhere. I managed to catch them during a 10% off sale. There may be a wholesaler out there somewhere with better prices, but I could never find one.

Current going rate for 3/4" EMT is $5/10' length.

Steel prices are currently very high, with no end in sight.
falk

Postby HughMungus » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:42 pm

falk wrote:Current going rate for 3/4" EMT is $5/10' length.

Steel prices are currently very high, with no end in sight.

Back when I was thinking about doing a do-it-yourself shade structure, I looked into buying salvage conduit and I found some at a metal salvage place. Just a thought if anyone is thinking about doing anything with conduit.

p.s. NICE DOME! <envy>
HughMungus

Previous

Return to 2005 Theme Camps