KAMP KANE MAN

KAMP KANE MAN

Postby Blue Jester » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:10 am

I put a similar topic on the regional contacts board but felt as though I put to much of an emphasis on Minneapolis. I need volenteers from where ever I can get them since many of my freinds are not very decisive on if there going and I already have my ticket so I really need some help if I am to get this idea off the ground and into higher ground (The playa). @ any rate my big plan is to erect a 5-7 foot man out of logs and what not that I find in the woods around my house. I would like the head to be the bow of the Kane Man and to have him/her leaning on a Kane. The burn plan is to make some kind of platform on wheels (most likely two little red wagons with a piece of sheet metal connecting them) that me and another person could pull with bikes, parade the Fancy man around town, round up some crazies, find a nice chunk of open playa and let him/her burn. I feel the Burning of the man has possiably lost some of his meaning (whatever that may be). I would like burn a man in a more intimate setting with out a hoard of thousands of yahoos. Any way if you think burning the large man has lost something help me burn a man with some class. so if you would like to help out in ANY WAY it would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to have a constant walking stick making workshop where people could drop by carve a walking stick and be on there way a little more comforably.Because everyone needs a little support. Whats even better all the waste accumulated will help fuel the Burning of the Kane man.
Blue Jester

Postby Tuatha » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:27 pm

The carve your own walking stick workshop sounds really cool id be in for that :)
....Word Eater was Here.....
Tuatha

Postby Zulegoona » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:50 pm

the potential problems I could see would be keeping the wood chips and curls under control, they tend to get everywhere and could create a hellish moop problem. you could be left trying to sift them out of the dust at the end of the event.

It would probably be a good idea to have a large Band-Aid supply too.
Zulegoona

Postby blueniteowl » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:14 pm

Or, you could premake walking sticks and have people paint, stain, customize their own. That would be a lot easier and less to worry about. Just think of what sanding alone would leave behind. I like the idea though.
blueniteowl

Down With m.o.o.p

Postby Blue Jester » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:16 am

Well in regards to the wood shavings my plan was to possiably have a car port which would cut down on the blowing things away and to just lay a large tarp or sheets so I could just roll it up , and as for the sand paper idea there will be no sand paper involved for the same reason of un-controlable m.o.o.p. at any rate I feel this idea could work well and get people together to make something that they can actually use.
Blue Jester

Return to 2005 Theme Camps