Camp Rocky Horror

Postby blyslv » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:04 am

othereye wrote:I'm totally willing to post full, detailed instructions on boas. At SOME point. Y'all may have to wait a bit. Currently in the .

MOOP free?
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby robotland » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:06 am

Anyone catch the Tim Curry interview on Fresh Air?
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby othereye » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:50 pm

blyslv wrote:
othereye wrote:I'm totally willing to post full, detailed instructions on boas. At SOME point. Y'all may have to wait a bit. Currently in the .

MOOP free?

Totally 110% MOOP free. That's why they take so fucking long!!
"Sometimes, honey, you just have to look reality in the eye and say..... 'what happened to your other eye, dude?!'" - Angela Waversak, as quoted on eriswerks.org
othereye

Postby PurpleKoosh » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:51 pm

blyslv wrote:

MOOP free?

Because I have entirely too much free time on my hands, I give you the description (about as official as it gets) from the Anal Retentive Rocky Horror Costume List:

Ruth Fink-Winter wrote:Red, black and yellow netting boa (mostly red and black).
I don't know what the fabric is; Sue Blane notes it was "cheap, synthetic fabric, overlocked on the edges." Sparkle tulle works well and it's cheap. Jaimie Froemming recommends organza, and Gene Chiovari favors organdy. The material is shiny and stiff, with sharp pleats. Edged with black overcast stitch; Jen Hoffman and Jaimie Froemming recommend "woolly nylon serger thread," which looks great. There is a black tassel on each end and the ends have obviously been weighted.

Not a feather to be found on those fuckers if you do it right.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby Bob A » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:29 pm

Ok I'm so in for this theme camp for 2006. I run the theater that other eye was Janet / director / indispensable in. We can so do this for 2006. I even have an extra screen that we jut took down for upgrading. So lets keep talking about this.

AS far as 2005 we can pull a show off with no problem, I would think. So many of the dance clubs have video projectors and there has been at least one theater setup to show movies every year. All we got to do is ask someone to let us in for the night and we have a kick ass show. I'm off to the theme camp list to see who are likely suspects that may fit our needs.

Bob A
Bob A

It keeps going and going and going

Postby Understudy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:48 am

Hi all sorry I haven't posted in a bit It is nice to see things are still going. I am also on Myspace and have some people piping up to help with this plan to do RHPS.

Question is
Do we have the detailed plan on how to make the boas or did I overlook that when I was reading through the posts.?

Any ideas on a video projector?

I know a lot of people have been talking about the theme camp for 2006. I think that is excellent but I would still love to do the show in 2005.

Keep posting keep sharing and if those plans are there for the boas let me have them and I will make one and if it goes well maybe two.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby Zem » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:49 pm

I can not go to Bman 2005 but I am going to 2006 and I will definetly help out with the proposed theme camp. I am a theatre tech and will help backstage or I can be a trannie. I will also help with costumes,props,sets and anything needed in that sense. I have been looking for a theme camp to work on and this one looks perfect for me. Because this is my favorite quote and you will all probably get it I must add.....
"What diabolical chicken stepped on your forehead,sat on your chin and ate your FUCKING NECK".
toodles
"a good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving" -Lao Tzu
Zem

Postby Bob A » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:54 pm

ok its time to put our money where our mouths are. or at least put our Meatloaf where our mouth is. Videogasm is interested in letting us put on a show one night. They have 3 screens and should be an awesome place to do it. All we need is to get organized. I'll post more details once I have heard back from them.

Bob A
Bob A

Excellent

Postby Understudy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:33 am

I am glad to hear it. Like I said I would have no problem helping with this. I have a couple of people on the Myspace.com burningman group who are interesting in helping also. So if this place will let us perform, it takes car of sound and video issues. I will also bring the RHPS DVD with me. I would ask someone bring a copy as a backup just in case.

Still waiting for the instructions on the boa.

Okay I will post more later, I have to run to work.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby Bob A » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:27 pm

Well I want to do it so lets see if we can pull it off. If we can get any semblance of order in the next few days we can still get on the printed eplaya calendar for our show. The dead line is July 20th after that we will only be on line for people that read it latter and print it out.

To feel comfortable asking Videogasm for a commitment on a particular night and put it on the calendar I think we should have a good part of the cast committed. We can fill in a few gaps as we go forward, but with no firm cast we would be setting ourselves up.

So I'm not an on stage type, usually behind the scenes organize hunt people down etc. So I'll volunteer to try to pull people together if there are people to be pulled.

So I guess the first question is who wants what roles and who wants to be tech and trannies?

The roles

Frank
Rocky
Magenta
Columbia
Brad
Janet
Riff
Dr. Scott
Edie
Criminologist

Trannies for time warp and just other fun crazy stuff.

Some roles can be skipped if we are light. Crim is skipped most nights on our local cast.
The same person that does Dr. Scott can play Edie if needed.

We can figure props and costumes out latter. IN talking to Othereye we were thinking about keeping it pretty minimal in the prop department. Kind of old school, take Rocky back to it's roots. Doing only what we can pull of with limited time and energy.

Othereye will be posting again soon. She is busy settling into her new house after moving and trying to find a job that pays enough. She says she will be working out some instructions for her fab boas and if anyone is curious about them in the mean time here is a link to our cast site with pictures from the floorshow. WWW.comeagainplayers.org go to the pictures area, 2005, any after 5/28/05 have the new boas Here is one shot. By the way that’s Ohereye before she left for Florida.

Othereye can do Janet or Mags, and has done Brad, Riff, Rocky, and Columbia. Her first love is Mags, with Janet being her 2nd choice,

I’m guessing with everybody’s time restraints and playa time and all that, we won’t get a lot of together time ahead of the show. Maybe a full cast get together a few hours before the show, and if we are lucky an informal meeting with others that are available a day or
two before the show.

So who is in? Let’s get those emails flying!

If this al works maybe we can pull a theme camp off in 2006.

Bob A
Bob A

Re: Excellent

Postby Bob A » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:28 pm

Understudy wrote: I would ask someone bring a copy as a backup just in case.

Oh yea I'll bring a backup DVD too

Bob A
Bob A

Postby Understudy » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:45 am

[quote="Bob A"]

So I guess the first question is who wants what roles and who wants to be tech and trannies?

The roles

Frank
Rocky
Magenta
Columbia
Brad
Janet
Riff
Dr. Scott
Edie
Criminologist

Trannies for time warp and just other fun crazy stuff.

Bob A[/quote]

I will do emcee and virgin sacrifice my wife will be more than happy to do Janet or Columbia.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby Bob A » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:42 pm

Ok I just heard back from videogasm. They put up the idea of a midnight show Thursday or Friday. I'm thinking Thursday is a little better since the weekend crowds haven't all shown up yet and there are a lot of other things going on Friday that might cause conflicts etc. Any body with any other thoughts.

They put out the question can everybody join in. So I'm thinking do it in the late 70's early 80's style and encourage people to act out from the audience. Vs just watch us. I've asked them what their stage situation is and if it works we would work from a stage and encourage as much zany ness around us as possible.

Crap kits came to mind too. I think we should discourage them and throwing of stuff since it will all be instant moop. Tp and Rice will be no fun to pick up. Water guns might be a cool option.

If we can pull most of the cast together but are still missing a few, we should be able to pull theme out of the audience the night of the show.

I also asked them if devirginizing would be ok and could we do that at midnight and then start the show.

I would like to see a few more cast volunteer before we commit our selves. So far we have an MC, 2 actors that are flexible and myself in a tech / admin/ trannie roll.

IF we can nail down the go or no go and which date by July 19th that would be great and I've mentioned this date to them. That will give us a one-day safety to get in the printed calendar. If we miss that date we can still be in the online version. And we can always run around and do spots on the various radio stations. I'm already running around dropping spots off for the regional info both.

Oh yea Understudy whats you wife's name so I can refer to her on the cast list and not jsut as Understudy's wife.

Bob A
Bob A

Take my wife please!

Postby Understudy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:52 am

Names
Understudy == Brendhan Horne
Understudy's wife == Janel Horne

:)
Understudy

More Names

Postby Understudy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:14 pm

Wendi has said she avaliable for any part we can offer her.
So lets add one more.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

update

Postby Bob A » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:55 pm

Just got another couple of emails from Videogasm & snowflake village. Looks like it will need to be Friday night. They have another commitment on Thursday it looks like. Before that their truck may not be there yet.

Ok so we have

Bob: Tech / Admin / Trannie
Brendhan : MC
Janel : Janet or Columbia
Othereye: Mags, Janet, and most other
Wendi : any part.

Ok so we just need a few more to pull this off. Everybody hit up your friends and camps that are going to BM. We only need a few hours of their time. Its not like they won't be wearing weird clothes anyway. This will just give them a theme for a few hours.

Also heard back about their stages 2 of their screens are in carports and face the esplanade. The big third one face into Snowflake village’s interactive area. All three screens are at ground level and there are no stages so we are working at ground level too.

Talk to you all latter

Bob A
Bob A

Re: update

Postby Bob A » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:20 pm

Ok here is another update

Bob: Tech / Admin / Trannie
Brendhan : MC
Janel : Janet or Columbia
Othereye: Mags, Janet, and most other
Wendi : any part.
Ray Misra: Eddie

Kory (a girl) willing to do what ever

I'm trying to steer people to this eplaya topic so we can all talk and brainstorm together. Anybody that any of you know that has an interest have them come here. It will be easier than trying to relay and email etc.

we can still use a few more but this is not a bad start, we jsut might be able to do this.
Bob A
Bob A

Excellent

Postby Understudy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:17 pm

Bob ,
You are doing great . This is incredible. As soon as I get off the road I will squeeze in some more input.

Did anyone ever get the instructions on the cloth boas?

I agree with you I don't want RHPS to create MOOP. So I think water guns are fine but I am not sure about anything else right now for the audience.

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby Bob A » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:44 pm

Ok we are committed. The event has been submitted to the calendar for Friday at midnight!

Bob A
Bob A

Excellent

Postby Understudy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:37 am

That is awesome.

This is going to be a blast.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby othereye » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:33 pm

She's baaaaaaaaaack....

Okay, here's part one on the boas:

Materials:

cotton piping, like you use for upholstery. this is the hardest part to find. It's basically cotton rope like clothesline with fabric wrapped around it and seamed on the outside so you have a tube of fabric, filled with rope, with a tab on the outside. This is the part I wish I had a closeup pic of. Will try to link to a pic later You need about 3 yards of this. enough to go from your knee up and around your neck and back down to the other knee.

7 yards total of a shiny red/black material that is about 1 foot wide

10 yards total of the rougher, wider mesh, tulle (tutu material). There are two types and the finer mesh just doesn't give you the oomph. You need strips to total 10 yrds in about 1 foot wide, and 10 yards in about 1/2 foot wide.

Go ahead and start asking questions from this part while I try to track down pics and write the assembly portion of this!
"Sometimes, honey, you just have to look reality in the eye and say..... 'what happened to your other eye, dude?!'" - Angela Waversak, as quoted on eriswerks.org
othereye

Postby othereye » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:04 pm

This:

http://stores.diyupholsterysupply.com/c ... 245_zm.jpg

is what the piping looks like. Mine was black cotton found at Hancock Fabrics and, when they ran out, Joann fabrics. In the upholstery section both times
othereye

Boa Instructions

Postby Understudy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:57 pm

Cool, I will see what I can do about getting materials after this weekend.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby Silver 2 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:28 pm

Hi, I'm back, and I know it has been a while. Been a lot of er, stuff in my life lately. Anyway, I got this a couple of days ago:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm looking for a little help for an event on the playa for friday
> night at midnight. Me an a bunch of other people are going to do
> The Rocky Horror Picture Show Friday night at Midnight at Videogasm
> and Snowflake village. I love Rocky Horror and am part of a cast
> every week. We want to bring this out to the playa. We are planning
> devirginizing, acting out in front of the screen and all the fun
> stuff. No Moop thou please. Videogasm has three screens and will be
> running Rocky on all three of them for us. This should be a real wild
> time.
>
> All we need is a few more actors, if we get most of them ahead of
> time we only need to steal a few from the audience. This won't take
> much time just a few hours friday night. Some might try to get
> together earlier in the week. We are doing our talking on the eplaya
> board. So pick your favorite character grab those fish nets and join
> us!!
>
> So who is in? email me if you want to help. WE also have a thread
> on eplaya under theme camps. http://eplaya.burningman.com/
> viewtopic.php?p=166736#166736
>
> Bob adam
> westernmass@burningman.com

If I could sing I would go for the Meatloaf role; however, my singing tends to scare large farm animals.
I like playing with fire.
Silver 2

Postby Bob A » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:33 pm

Silver 2 wrote:
If I could sing I would go for the Meatloaf role; however, my singing tends to scare large farm animals.

well since we actually just mouth the movie I think we are safe. So are you interested in helping silver 2? Are there any particular parts you would be interested in other than Edie or is that your main interest?

Bob A
Bob A

cast list and new mail list to plan

Postby Bob A » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:47 pm

OK here is the cast list so far. We still need brad, Rocky, Riff, Columbia, and DR. Scott. Anybody want to jump in and pick a part. IS everybody ok with the part you have? We can still change things.

Kory do you want to be a trannie or are you interested in one of those parts. Even thou they are guys we have women playing the parts often enough in my home cast. And Frank is a girl already.

I am going to start a yahoo mailing list so we can all talk. There are a lot of people who have expressed interest, but are not joining the eplaya conversation. Can you all send me an email address so I can add you guys in? Some of you have emails in your profiles but most don't. This will be needed so people can talk about costumes, acting, and what ever else come up in putting this show on.

Trixie: Othereye
MC: Brendan
Frank: Other eye
Rocky:
Brad:
Janet: Janel
Columbia:
Magenta: Wendi
Riff:
Edie: Ray Misra
Dr. Scott:

Tech / admin: Bob

Trannies: (as many as we can get)

Bob A

mail list address

Postby Bob A » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:39 pm

Ok the mail list is running and I've joined everyone I had email addresses for. Which is no one from eplaya, except othereye, since no one has emails in their profiles.

So if you’re part of this or just want to watch us plan join our email list. The address to subscribe is: Rockyhorror_burningman-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

The web address is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rockyhorror_burningman/
Bob A

Postby Bob A » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:00 pm

OK latest update on cast list We are down to needing , Riff, Columbia, and DR. Scott. JUst 3 more parts and we have a cast.

people from eplaya please join the mailing list mentioned in one of the above posts we are almost there, but There is not much banter going on as far as costumes and planning. we only have a 27 days to get as orginized as possible.

Trixie: Othereye
MC: Brendan
Frank: Other eye
Rocky: TimTV
Brad: Mike (boojum80@yahoo.ca
Janet: Janel
Columbia:
Magenta: Wendi
Riff:
Edie: Ray Misra
Dr. Scott:

Tech / admin: Bob

Trannies: (as many as we can get)

I'm still missing a few people from eplaya so I'l cross post this
Bob A

Work is going to kill me

Postby Understudy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:37 am

Okay Just dropping a note. I have been swampped at work and traveling all over. I still have not had a free day to make the boa I am going to donate for the show. I haven't forgotten just kinda hard to do in a hotel room.

I really pshyched about this. I think this is going to be a blast. I won't be able to make next year's BM but I plan to have fun at this one. I hope the theme camp plans for next year go well.

I still need to pick up a few more items to survive at BM. I will probably do what usually happens to me in situations like this. I will get the stuff I still need at the last minute. :)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby Bob A » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:49 am

Hi, all, I'm posting to this old thread in an attempt to reach people who watched or were involved in the rocky Horror show last year. Maybe you still have this old topic set to be watched.

I just got the video from Videogasm for last year. If you were in the show last year send me a PM with your address and I will mail you a DVD. If you want to catch some on line the link is:

http://www.westernmassburners.org/bmrhps2005.html

Also we are doing the show again this year at our own camp, Camp 9 from outer space so if you did it last year and want to do it again or thought about it and didn't do it we need cast again. PM me if you are interested.

Bob A
Bob A

PreviousNext

Return to 2005 Theme Camps