Camp What The Bleep Do We Know

Camp What The Bleep Do We Know

Postby buttmuffin » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:09 pm

dont have any ideas as to what it will be, just remembered the movie and thought, "damn, with a little stretch of the imagination this could fit BM's theme"

any thoughts or ideas let me know..

we can be the no concept group, free of any perceptions of self. or a cover up for procrastinators all over the world. the camp would have very little toil.
buttmuffin

Postby Clownsuit » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:41 am

I've never seen the movie, but I've read quite a few reviews and talked to a few people who have. I brought the Guns and Dope Party camp last year, which was based on ideas from Robert Anton Wilson. He uses quantum philosophy quite a bit, so our camps may have something in common. Sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind bouncing around some ideas with you, if you're game.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Clownsuit

What the Bleep Do We Know?

Postby scotto » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:11 am

[quote="Clownsuit"]I've never seen the movie

Expected Release Date: March 15, 2005

http://www2.foxstore.com/detail.html?item=1380
Burning Man is a Participatory Sport! Lead by Example!
scotto

Camp Name: PolyParadise

Postby edibleflowerchick » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:11 pm

I would definately join. Take Burner Virgins? Never seen the movie, but heard a lot about it, and I know some of the philosophies in it are like mine. It's all about intentions!
I love you!
edibleflowerchick

Postby Chai Guy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:42 pm

Brian Johnson: I'm in the physics club too.
John Bender: Excuse me a sec. What are you babbling about?
Brian Johnson: Well, what I had said was I'm in the math club, uh, the latin, and the physics club... physics club.
John Bender: Hey, Cherry. Do you belong to the physics club?
Claire Standish: That's an academic club.
John Bender: So?
Claire Standish: So academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs.
John Bender: Ah... but to dorks like him, they are. What do you guys do in your club?
Brian Johnson: Well, in physics we... we talk about physics, properties of physics.
John Bender: So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?
Chai Guy

Postby stuart » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:55 pm

I love you
call me baby
stuart

Postby blyslv » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Loved the ideas, hated the movie. But what the fuck do I know?

Gotta go, I'm going to manifest some abundance.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Okay but omit the bleep

Postby ZaphodBurner » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:06 pm

Saw WT*DWK at the theater that appears in the movie without knowing the theater was, in fact, in the movie. Given the context of the film, that messed with a shitload of people at the Baghdad.

I digress. For Burning Man, the bleep should be replaced with something less middle-America-friendly.

"'How do I know that BLUE to you is the same color as it is to me?'"
"'Read the crayon box, asshole. I'm fuckin' high over here!'"
-Dennis Miller

-gatt
http://www.zaphodburns2005.org
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

GCP

Postby Chronon » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:03 pm

If you're looking for more material, check out the Global Consciousness Project: http://noosphere.princeton.edu/. Their ideas certainly resonate with this year's theme. They may have been mentioned in "What the *BLEEP*" as well -- but I'm not sure.

Are you going to screen the film?

Cheers.

Chronon
Chronon

Postby semuta » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:10 pm

mmmm Ramtha-licious...
semuta

Postby stuart » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:32 pm

If you want more material go to www.ramtha.com and learn that all the crappy logic was dreamed up by some chick who claims to be channeling the 30,000 year old soul of a long since gone Atlantean warrior and was produced by several of her devoted cult followers.
call me baby
stuart

Postby blyslv » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:47 pm

stuart wrote:If you want more material go to www.ramtha.com and learn that all the crappy logic was dreamed up by some chick who claims to be channeling the 30,000 year old soul of a long since gone Atlantean warrior and was produced by several of her devoted cult followers.

I wonder if she's any relation to the 9000 year old atlean couple (reincarnated, natch) who currently give relationship seminars.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:09 pm

blyslv wrote:I wonder if she's any relation to the 9000 year old atlean couple (reincarnated, natch) who currently give relationship seminars.
Dang, waht's the advertising on that? HOw to cling together while the waters rush in?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

lamest movie ever!!!!

Postby bishop76 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:02 am

I'm all for quantum theory and questioning the nature of reality, but that movie is basically a big fat cult indoctrination flick packaged up to be some sort of new science philosophical documentary. So much misinformation.Any 'religion' that requires a $10,000 donation so that you can be enlightened (like the Ramtha cult) is a huge steaming pile of b.s., in my opinion. Buddha didn't need any bling to reach Nirvana, just his mind and that cool tree.

Think for yourselves, and question everything, especially freaky weirdos claiming to be channelling 35,000 year old Babylonian gods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Love Army wants You! Enlist @www.lovearmy.org. Look for our pink camouflaged awesomeness running past your periphery on the Playa this year. Unite and Attack with LOVE!!!
bishop76

Postby Isotopia » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:40 am

So much misinformation.Any 'religion' that requires a $10,000 donation so that you can be enlightened (like the Ramtha cult) is a huge steaming pile of b.s., in my opinion. Buddha didn't need any bling to reach Nirvana, just his mind and that cool tree.

Good thing you didn't fork over the $200,000+ it takes to reach the apex of Scientology's 'OT Levels.'
Isotopia

Postby Chai Guy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:32 pm

Iso. Iso, Iso, you don't even — you're glib.
No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.
Chai Guy

Postby Badger » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:45 pm

<HOWLING!!!>
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby helitack » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:50 pm

Is this the Idon'tagreewithyousoIplonkyouIdon'thaveanopenmindandIamjudgementalaswellandBurningManisn'tthesameanymoresoIwilljustcomplainaboutitinsteadofrelishingthemetamorphosis Camp?
helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

if you think that is weird, do it underwater

Postby joel the ornery » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:01 pm

helitack wrote:Is this the Idon'tagreewithyousoIplonkyouIdon'thaveanopenmindandIamjudgementalaswellandBurningManisn'tthesameanymoresoIwilljustcomplainaboutitinsteadofrelishingthemetamorphosis Camp?

I imagine we will know that answer to that question around 6 September 2005.
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:28 pm

helitack wrote:Is this the Idon'tagreewithyousoIplonkyouIdon'thaveanopenmindandIamjudgementalaswellandBurningManisn'tthesameanymoresoIwilljustcomplainaboutitinsteadofrelishingthemetamorphosis Camp?

If you need a new keyboard with a working spacebar I can have UPS ship one out tonight next day air for ya. (grin)
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby Steven bradford » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 pm

I walked out of this movie when I realized what a sham it was. Perfect film for those who don't feel a need to question authourity.

Great production value for a documentary though.
Steven bradford

ow, my thetan has a cramp!

Postby montana wildhack » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:43 am

pseudo-sciencers!!!!!
montana wildhack

Postby omtaiyoqi » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:19 am

oh kewl, this camp could get very heady. I can see campers walking around saying: "you can only know for sure what I am thinking or why I am thinking it, but not both", lol (like an electron, you can only know its speed or its location, but not both... or something like that :)

But seriously, it can be trippy having both scientists and mystics saying the same thing. Who would have known quantumn mechanics is saying just about the same thing what the Heart Sutra states so gracefully in 4 sentences over 2000 years ago. Damn! science must increase human life span to about 3000 years, or I must become a mystics to touch eternity in this short life time. Oh well, back to my lovely durian.
omtaiyoqi

Return to 2005 Theme Camps