Calling all Amazons, Valkyries, Shield Maidens...

Calling all Amazons, Valkyries, Shield Maidens...

Postby Casteen » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:57 pm

And other warrior women and fighting femmes...

Camp Amazon is recruiting for 2005!

We are going to be applying for official space this year, and are just beginning planning for activities, costuming, and whatnot. Although the Yahoo group has a lot of members, not many are planning on actually attending this year. We hope for a small tribe of 6-15, and allow plenty of free time to run off and explore.

Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/campamazon

Main webpage: http://www.crosswinds.net/~campamazon/
"Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible" ~ Anon
Casteen

thread bump: still recruiting warrior women

Postby Casteen » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:39 am

Hello again.

Camp Amazon has recently experienced some mild attrition (mostly due to workstuff), and is still seeking active members. Although the group on Yahoo has a lot of members, it is not an accurate reflection of how many we expect to actually have on the playa this year.

Thus far, we are planning workshops in leatherworking, and foam weapons construction (mostly using the PVC and funnoodle method), we'll have Turkish coffee available in the mornings for especially caffeine addicted camp members, a community kitchen, general communal hang out area, an armoury where we'll have the workshops, a lighted training circle, and an obstacle course.

Please visit the Yahoo group previously listed if you'd like to join (and fill out the questionnaire so we know you're planning on attending).

If you have any questions, you can ask them here as well.
Casteen

Postby blyslv » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:37 pm

Does the Camp have a position on prancing sissy boys?
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Sensei » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:08 pm

* I will not post Lucky Bastard's picture of me in that little black dress. I will not post Lucky Bastard's picture of me in that little black dress. I will not post Lucky Bastard's picture of me in that little black dress *

Oh, fuck it.
Sensei

prancing sissy boys.

Postby Casteen » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:29 pm

nice pic, sensei.

We were accepting camp followers earlier on, but due to some recent issues with one we aren't doing so anymore (before the event, anyway). There may be exceptions made at the event itself.

That said, no issues with prancing sissy boys in general, and if they'd like to hang out at the event or participate in workshops, they are welcome to do so.
Casteen

Return to 2005 Theme Camps