Empire or Gerlach Storage Facility???

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Empire or Gerlach Storage Facility???

Postby fleabag » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:31 pm

We're hoping to store our camp (post-burn) near the playa. Does anyone out there have contact info for a storage facility near BRC?
fleabag

Re: Empire or Gerlach Storage Facility???

Postby Kinetic IV » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:37 pm

fleabag wrote:We're hoping to store our camp (post-burn) near the playa. Does anyone out there have contact info for a storage facility near BRC?

I found this doing a Google local search based on Storage and Gerlach, NV, here's the source link and the storage co. info. I don't know anything about the company, others might.

Storage: Black Rock Mini storage - 775-557-2608 ( Sunny Deforest )
$300/Year for small locker (5'x10') ((That's about $25 a month which is cheap))
Source:
http://www.armory.com/~taz/burningman/o ... ntacts.htm
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby dinosaurwilly » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:07 pm

We have been storing our stuff at Empire Storage for 3 years now and never had a problem. we are paying $60/month for the larger space.

The storage area is right next to the empire store and is kept locked. You go to the store first to pick up the key to the gate and then you can get in to your storage area.

The storage space is an outdoor shed and there are abou 60 of them (just a guess off what I remember last time I was there a year ago!). Stuff inside will get very hot and dusty.

This year, we took a look at moving the stuff from Empire to Reno to simplify the loading/unloading of the truck. Reno is much more expensive and it would be harder to get all our camp together in reno to help so we decided to stay in Empire.

The Captain
dinosaurwilly

Return to 2011 Share Resources