anyone work for an airline?

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

anyone work for an airline?

Postby mullethunter » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:44 am

hey everyone,

well, this burning man (my first actually) i'm planning to bring my flight attendant persona to the playa. I've done it for halloween, and i really want to get into the part. i plan to memorize the whole takeoff script and jump on various art cars. i haven't quite decided if i want to do the script the same as on a real flight, or if i want to modify it for burning man. on the one hand, i could really play with the script, and even incorporate this year's theme (the mind in flight or something along those lines), on the other hand, how trippy would it be to have a completely authentic flight attendant on an art car, very random. any opinions are welcome. last halloween i had a basket of hot towels, and handed them out (complete with tongs), but i don't know how that would work on the playa, because of the dust, and it would kind of be a waste of water to be constantly washing the towels. I'm thinking of handing out mixed nuts and juice, but not sure on that either. any suggestions are welcome, and if anyone works for an airline, especially as a flight attendant, i'd love to hear from you! thanking you in advance,
mullethunter, aka Kimberly Sue Franklin, flight attendant
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."
-Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy
mullethunter

Postby Gothalot » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:47 am

Playa Air, my fave art car, I missed it last year. Well they used to throw peanut bags to you. There is a chance of moop with that though. Playa Air was very careful to collect all bags and return things to their upright possition after crash landings though.
Media Mecca Volunteer / Spikes Vampire Bar Mgr
Gothalot

Postby falk » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:32 pm

Playa Air is just down the street from me. I'll ask them if they're planning to come back this year.
falk

Postby Kinetic IV » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:39 pm

Playa Air! I love Playa Air. Playa Air was the very first art car I saw when I pulled on the playa and the first one I ever caught a ride on. Great people and a great art car. I hope it comes back.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby Gothalot » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:40 pm

Cool, they gave me a lovely Playa Air patch thats on my coat now. Id love to see them again.
Gothalot

Postby blyslv » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:10 pm

I have it on good authority that Playa Air has obtained landing rights on the Playa this year. Buckle up folx, major turbulance ahead.

And mullet hunter -- have fun!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby mullethunter » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:45 pm

anyone know how i can get in touch with them?
and as far as moop issues, i already thought of that, and will be very careful to collect all refuse and put it in the proper receptacle.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."
-Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy
mullethunter

Postby Gothalot » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:06 pm

Seriously you wont miss them, they have this awesome little Mutant Vehicle that resembles an airliner with water retention.
Gothalot

Postby falk » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:41 pm

[quote="mullethunter"]anyone know how i can get in touch with them?[/quote]

You mean before the burn? Like I said, I live right up the road from them; I can stick a note in their door if you want.
falk

Postby Tiara » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:23 pm

Jane Eric, the head stewardess for Playa Air, will be camping with us in Wheeville! If you want to get a message to her pre-playa, shoot me a private message, and I'll forward it to her by email.
Tiara

Postby Captain Plumbean » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:04 am

This is your Captain speaking. Speaking for the entire crew and ground personel of Playa Air I would like to thank you for your interest in our airline. One way to get ahold of Playa Air is to go to the corporate website at www.playa-air.com and use the contact us button.

A reply will be forthcoming as soon as the crew gets around to it.

An airliner with water retention is one of the better descriptions of the plane that I've heard.

So Falk, if you live so close where were you when we needed help plastering the damned thing?
Captain Plumbean
A solid record of shaky acheivements
Including Playa Air since 2002
Captain Plumbean

Postby Jane Eric » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:09 am

Pay no attention to that soused pilot. He's always getting us into trouble.
Sr. Flight Stewardess, Playa Air
Defenestrating Unruly Passengers Since 2002
Jane Eric

Postby falk » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:45 am

Captain Plumbean wrote:So Falk, if you live so close where were you when we needed help plastering the damned thing?

LOL. You may remember me -- I stopped by on my bike to chat while you were out on the street desperately plastering into the night under work lights.

I noticed it in the driveway this morning -- looks like you've started getting it ready. I was disappointed not to see it on the Playa last year.
falk

Postby Jane Eric » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:50 am

We finished plastering the wings on the Playa.

Hey Plumbean, I forgot to ask, that big ass propane tank we mount for the flamethrower? Can it be attached to the base so we aren't lifting it everytime we go up? Flexible hoses? Safety third?

She said, "mount".
Jane Eric

lifting propane

Postby Captain Plumbean » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:57 am

You could, but why bother? Its only 50 pounds. A tiny part of the total.

I think you're too hung up on weight. I guess its a girl thing.
Captain Plumbean
Captain Plumbean

Postby Gothalot » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:13 pm

Well since its the only Playa Airliner with water retention I think the holes should be apropriately pluged with tampons and maxi pads. Whatya think?

-Gothalot
Gothalot

Postby Jane Eric » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:16 pm

But 600 pounds of plaster is okay in the boy thing book? I'm still miffed you wouldn't let me go at it a bit more with the cutting torch. Think liposuction would help with that water retention look?

What holes? And I told you to stop calling me that.
Jane Eric

Postby Gothalot » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:21 pm

Sorry I ment to say the Holy One. Yep thats it thats the ticket, holy one, yaaaa.
Gothalot

Postby Captain Plumbean » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:12 pm

There are a couple thousand pounds of steel in the structure, maybe as much as 3000. About 900 more pounds in passengers and tequilla. So if you trim 300 pounds of covering off, and 50 of propane, you haven't made much of a dent in it. The hydraulics have enough power to lift about 2.5X what they're lifting now.

This kind of weight savings won't help with towing and if the strength is borderline enough for a couple hundred pounds to make a difference you don't want to be anywhere near it.

We should stop this before people think we're married to each other.
Captain Plumbean
Captain Plumbean

Postby Captain Plumbean » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:14 pm

At my last job, the airplane manufacturer was paying engineers a bounty of $1000 for each pound they shaved off the weight. No plaster on that plane though.
Captain Plumbean
Captain Plumbean

Postby Jane Eric » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:24 pm

We should stop this before people think we're married to each other.

Does this airplane make my ass look fat?
Jane Eric

Postby Jane Eric » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Oh. And Capt. Boy Thing. It's not the power of your mighty lifting thing that I'm questioning. It's the fricken frame of the truck's ability to stay uncrooked. Less weight, less torque. Pardon me if I'm ruperting the factiods with my intuitiveness. 2.5 times that.
Jane Eric

Postby Captain Plumbean » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:23 am

Plaster weight on the rebar armature twisting it is a good thing to worry about. The heavy hood has a long lever to pull on the rest.

The propane tank is attached directly to the 2x3 metal platform and does not affect the rebar armature at all.
Captain Plumbean
Captain Plumbean

Postby HughMungus » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:29 am

It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby Jane Eric » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:39 pm

Okay. So. Maybe I just don't feel like hauling 5 tons over Donner Pass again. Eh? Maybe 4 tons is okay. We'll see.

And Mr. Foo. We at Playa Air recognize that you are a valued customer and apologize for any future shoddy service or inconvenience you may receive on our airline. As an expression of our concern we would like to offer you a complimentary cocktail in our layover lounge. Please feel free to stop by anytime.

Non transferrable to third parties.
Blah blah blah/no cash value.
Jane Eric

Return to 2011 Share Resources