Gift my words

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Gift my words

Postby charanya » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 am

I am a first time burner.
I want to share with people something I wrote. Since I really dont how the gifting works, I am not sure if this qualifies as a gift. Its just a way to express myself and I want to share with people my words.

Also, what would be the best way to share the poem? I was thinking of printing post cards or something of that sort. I do want it to survive through the dust and water. Guidence?
charanya

Re: Gift my words

Postby Savannah » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 am

You could paint the poem on a wooden sandwich board, stake that down, and cover the tops of the stakes so no one cuts themselves. Folks could take digital photos. If anyone lingers and doesn't have a camera, then offer them a postcard. That way you don't have to have a huge amount, and they get to the right people.

There are also stages where you could read your poem at an open mic night. See the 2011 Art and Performance forum, then click on "Artists Seeking Stages".

Playa Info at Center Camp also has a stage.

Don't worry too much about gifting your first time out. Gift assistance to someone who needs it. Gift an extra hour of cleaning up MOOP (Matter Out of Place; trash, etc) out by the trash fence, or when you see something blowing down the street. Gift a beverage.

Don't worry. Wait and see how it's done. Accept gifts without feeling like you must reciprocate. (Reciprocation is trade or barter, not gifting.)
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Re: Gift my words

Postby essjay » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 pm

I don't know the subject of your poem, but if it is appropriate, you can write it on the Temple. The Temple serves as a public forum for written messages, among other things . . .
essjay

Return to 2011 Share Resources