my ride failed on me...

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

my ride failed on me...

Postby maryjaneinbrain » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm

my ride just informed me that he can't go...idk what to you. I NEED HELPPPPPPPPPP! i live in Miami, FL. if you guys know of anyone or anyway i can get to the burn this year, pleaseeeeee let me know. Kinda have a problem with finances. my friend was letting me ride with him although i was not putting into gas.

I will be performing at Conclave and I have 4 days of hosting Meditation at Sacred Spaces Villages..

please let me know if you hear of anything. thank you
blessings
maryjaneinbrain

Re: my ride failed on me...

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:04 pm

If you had told me you weren't going to do the right thing and share the expense of getting all of the way from Miami to BRC, I think I might have bailed on you as well. Good luck getting a ride for free. A handle like Maryjaneinbrain just screams of being responsible.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Post on rideshare quick, or borrow some money and get a plane ticket to Reno.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby graidawg » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:12 pm

seems you had a similar problem last year as well marie? perhaps a little more planning in the transport department or offering something in exchange for a ride? (and not in the cute girl Really needs a ride department thats just tacky)
perhaps also mentioning how mush space you need, if you have camp tent etc sorted, obviously you will need to get water and food and booze on the way (or is that at the camp you are with?)
it ewould be rubbish to miss out on the conclave because of poor luck and planning. I hope you come up with a plan.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby BBadger » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:46 pm

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you not putting in for gas was simply some oversight on part of your previous ride, not some expectation on your part. To that end, you should be prepared to chip in for gas, at the very least, for a cross-country trip like that. Otherwise, you might as well sell off your ticket now and save for next year.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Savannah » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:57 pm

I have had a friend or two refuse gas money from me for the Burn because they "would have been making the trip anyway" (although I have always persuaded them to accept $). So . . . someone likes her enough to let her ride free. That's a good thing. It doesn't take away from the unavoidable lesson she's getting anyway: having extra savings or a contingency plan is wise, whenever you can.

MJ, it's unlikely that total strangers will allow you to ride for free, so you might need to search the couch cushions, but that rideshare link is:
http://rideshare.burningman.com

And there's a rideshare desk on the first floor of the Reno airport.

And this is a big obvious thing, so sorry in advance, but---don't take anything illegal into someone's car unless they know.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to 2011 Share Resources