Geodesic dome & lots of playa stuff

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Geodesic dome & lots of playa stuff

Postby drala » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm located in Belmont, Ca 20 miles south of San Francisco. I went to Burning Man for 8 years, and had many amazing moments out there and benefited considerably generosity of others. Along the way, I've accumulated lots of BM stuff. Since I'm not going this year, I want to share my stuff with kindred souls making the pilgrimage to the playa.

The most notable thing I have is a simple geodesic dome made out of 25 x 10 ft pvc pipes covered by a parachute. It 's an ideal structure which allows you to lower and raise the sides to mitigate temperature and to hunker down during dust storms. You could sleep in it or make it a separate chill space. The dome and instructions are covered in this link:
http://geometrydome.com

It might work best if you bought a second parachute ($60) to layer the roof. I have the lots of remnants of rope from when it was used last but you will probably want to but some more.

I also have lots of costumes, makeup, el wire, and assorted burning man & desert and camping supplies. This includes a very cool 5ft x 4 ft wood framed el wire project with sequenced animations of cosmic shapes.

I want to share my stuff with people and toward situations that feel appropriate. For instance, you will need a vehicle (truck or perhaps a van) that can take 25 x 10 Ft PVC pipes. Do I want anything in return? Not directly, and not as a requirement. But I hope to have some kind of enriching experience in the process, and would appreciate whatever good energy, connection or gift you bring to the situation. I don't know. Do my horoscope. offer psychic guidance, give me reiki, teach me something helpful. Surprise me. Also, both a friend and myself are looking for tech jobs right now, pounding the pavement, doing interviews, studying up, (bemoaning that we can't go to burning man) and any good advice you have would also be appreciated. All that said, my offering remains a gift with no string attached.

I figured I'd give to the universe what I have and lightly see what becomes of it. A little like wandering the playa and being open to adventure...
Last edited by drala on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drala

Re: Geodesic dome & lots of playa stuff

Postby swampdog » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Very cool. Might be a good idea to post something of your location, I suspect you're only going to be helpful to people local to you.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby drala » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Yes, thanks, I totally forget. I'm in Belmont, CA 20 miles south of San Francisco. I also edited the posting to reflect this. Cheers.
drala

Postby drala » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Ok, most of my stuff is now lent out...
drala

Return to 2011 Share Resources