1 or 2 others to RV share with us at camp T'Gon from LA

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

1 or 2 others to RV share with us at camp T'Gon from LA

Postby Cheyenne » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 am

Hi Guys,

We are still looking for 1 or 2 other individuals to share our RV from LA. I booked this last october with the hope of myself, my parter and a couple who are close friends with us would come from UK. So far, they have dropped out, and have left us with a massive bill for the van. 1 other camp member has stepped in to the breach and is sharing with us, but we could really do with 1 other, 2 at a push individuals to make it work. The total cost of the van is $2000 and it sleeps 5 people at a push - this includes everything from mileage packs, duvets, kitchen stuff, cleaning stuff, supplementary insurance - the works basically... Diesel money is collected separately en-route.

This is a 10 day rental too, which means its actually quite a bit cheaper than some of the other quotes I had when I was shopping around - we are going to be leaving LA on the saturday and driving up towards Reno. Then staying overnight and stocking up on supplies etc before going off to BM for midnight entry on the sunday. We will be leaving the event on the Monday after for arrival back in LA on the Tuesday afternoon. There will be common sense rules about the RV, its cleanliness and organisation - pretty much along the lines of the guidelines that Dragon Pilot kindly sent to me about dealing with RV shares. I will be printing off the guidelines and will be making every occupant sign the agreement to say they will abide by it. We will expect you to help out with the cleaning before taking the RV back to the depot too...

You would be part of an awesome and highly professional team of burners who have run T'Gon on Playa for a number of years - although this is our first time from the UK, we also have lots of experience of dealing with events where in depth preparation is needed. T'gon fees are $150 according to Chino, but this includes everything except your food.

If you are looking for someone to share with and are NOT afraid of pulling your weight - please get in touch...

Cheers

Claire

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Re: 1 or 2 others to RV share with us at camp T'Gon from LA

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Hey there. The 2011 rideshare board is finally up:

http://rideshare.burningman.com

And if you haven't seen it or been a part of it already (I do note you have 157 posts!) you might find this thread really helpful:

Exp. RVers: Suggestions for House rules for renting an RV
viewtopic.php?t=34551
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Cheyenne » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:40 am

Cheers...

I'll put a posty in that

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby runcarorun84 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:02 pm

:P Hola =)

Hi
me and my boyfriend are interested in sharing an RV adventure to burningman with you guys. We are located in LA too. The 2000 RV rental is split between the 4 or 5 of us?? this is excluding gas/food right?

if you can email me @ runcarorun84@yahoo.com so we can talk in detail about the RV share...

Peace =)
runcarorun84

Return to 2011 Share Resources