Barbie Death Camp Reno Hotel Deal

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Postby BAS » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 am

Savannah wrote:It doesn't matter, Minxy, come anyway. :) I intend to make it. I find that people I meet online don't feel real until I meet 'em in person, and then the last piece of the puzzle clicks into place. And almost everyone I've ever met that online is much more fun in person.

I'm afraid that, with me, the pieces would only leave you more puzzled (or they certainly confuse ME!)

D---! This year I can't even make Lakes of Fire (or, more accurately, have mostly already missed it). I've never even been to Reno...

(Damned Governor! As if my finances weren't bad enough in the first place, Scott Walker seems to want to put EVERYONE in the poor house, and, it is already full with us State Workers!)
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:34 am

Terry and Lesley, glad to be of help. I have used the Sands for group trips in the past (like, oh, 20 times) and though they're funky and a bit "uncool", that's part of the allure in my opinion. Please come by and say hi. Would love to meet you.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby peacefulhuman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Terry and Lesley, glad to be of help. I have used the Sands for group trips in the past (like, oh, 20 times) and though they're funky and a bit "uncool", that's part of the allure in my opinion. Please come by and say hi. Would love to meet you.

"Funky" and "uncool" is perfectly acceptable, especially if it means running in to other burners on their way to BRC. Last year was my first burn, and I went solo - on my way up, I encountered my first burner at a gas station in Lee Vining. The shared excitement of connecting with total strangers on the road to the playa is something I look forward to experiencing again.

Plus, I googled the Sands and learned that they've had no dead hookers hidden under mattresses since 1997, so it sounds perfect! :D
peacefulhuman

Re: Barbie Death Camp Reno Hotel Deal

Postby Malachi Constant » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks so much for this Doc, it's helping our camp out a whole lot.
Malachi Constant

Re:

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 am

Savannah wrote:
I'd find flying in, doing all shopping and THEN driving and waiting in line and setting up camp to be a tremendous pain in the tail all in one day. Possible, just not fun.

It's really not that bad. I usually fly in around 11am, and take the afternoon to go to REI for a couple of store delivery items, Trader Joe's, Walmart, liquor store, Harbor Freight, smoke shop.. and all of that is within a few miles of each other and takes no longer than 4 hours really. I find myself killing time while timing the drive out to the playa to not get stuck in D lot.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Re:

Postby Elderberry » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:39 am

Easy for you to say. You camp in your truck! :shock:
(I hope I'm not getting you confused with somebody else. :oops: )
junglesmacks wrote:
Savannah wrote:
I'd find flying in, doing all shopping and THEN driving and waiting in line and setting up camp to be a tremendous pain in the tail all in one day. Possible, just not fun.

It's really not that bad. I usually fly in around 11am, and take the afternoon to go to REI for a couple of store delivery items, Trader Joe's, Walmart, liquor store, Harbor Freight, smoke shop.. and all of that is within a few miles of each other and takes no longer than 4 hours really. I find myself killing time while timing the drive out to the playa to not get stuck in D lot.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby BettySaidWot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Thank you for arranging this - Love, Betty
BettySaidWot

Re: Re:

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm

jkisha wrote:Easy for you to say. You camp in your truck! :shock:
(I hope I'm not getting you confused with somebody else. :oops: )
junglesmacks wrote:
Savannah wrote:

No, you're absolutely right :D My setup of camp consists of pulling into my spot at Camp Inspiratum and making a stiff vodka drink.
junglesmacks

Postby DestinySummons » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:00 am

Does anyone know if this price is still available?
DestinySummons

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 am

DestinySummons wrote:Does anyone know if this price is still available?

That depends if the person answering knows how to pick up a phone and call the hotel. Or for that matter, the OP.. :wink:
junglesmacks

Postby Minxy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 am

DestinySummons wrote:Does anyone know if this price is still available?

You could, like, call and find out.. :D
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 am

It should be. I dealt with Jennifer Mannix at the Sands and she said there would be "plenty of rooms for burners (from BDC but nobody needs to mention that) available." BURN11 is the code.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby LostinReno » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 pm

"like" the Sands on facebook and score a free buffet! A few of the Temple crew did this yesterday. It's legit! 8) Hurray for free grub!
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:47 pm

LostinReno wrote:"like" the Sands on facebook and score a free buffet! A few of the Temple crew did this yesterday. It's legit! 8) Hurray for free grub!

Waaaaaait.. even if you aren't staying there??

EDIT: YUP!!! http://www.facebook.com/SandsRegency?sk ... 3243398289
junglesmacks

Postby Minxy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 pm

I've been trying to complete the "share this deal" part of the process but it's not working. =/
Minxy

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Minxy wrote:I've been trying to complete the "share this deal" part of the process but it's not working. =/

All you should have to do is press the blue "share" button and it will post it to your wall.

Also.. when I checked my email for the certificate/email/whatever, in the email that they give you to print out and bring in, it quickly mentions that you will also have to sign up for the "players club" but that registration is free. I'm wondering what the hoops are going to be like for that though.. and hoping that this isn't more trouble that it's worth.. :|
junglesmacks

Postby Minxy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Yes, that's all I *should* have to do but it keeps giving me a FB error message.
Minxy

Postby Just_Joe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Unlike them, like them again?
I ended up getting stuck like you and then clicked on the link they pasted to my wall and it let me enter my name/email.

JS- signing up for the card should be relatively painless. They'll want your drivers license. You'll prolly get a coupon book with free drinks, table match play, and then you'll mebbe get a birthday card. Note, it's gonna be a "1 per Drivers License" deal and under 21YO won't qualify.
Just_Joe

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: ABC (Alphabet Block Camp)

Postby Minxy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks, weather man, but it didn't work! Meh, I'll try it again later. =)
Minxy

Postby LostinReno » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Minxy wrote:Thanks, weather man, but it didn't work! Meh, I'll try it again later. =)

It's messing up on mine too, but I think it has something to do with it being a "work" computer. I'm going to try it again when I get home. Like the weatherman said, it's simple signing up for the players club. You'll get a nifty card and they'll send you junk mail forever. GSR does the same thing for the $7.77 locals buffet.
LostinReno

Postby Just_Joe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:15 pm

LostinReno wrote:
Minxy wrote:Thanks, weather man, but it didn't work! Meh, I'll try it again later. =)

It's messing up on mine too, but I think it has something to do with it being a "work" computer. I'm going to try it again when I get home. Like the weatherman said, it's simple signing up for the players club. You'll get a nifty card and they'll send you junk mail forever. GSR does the same thing for the $7.77 locals buffet.

The 7.77 deal is no longer.... when there for Santa Crawl last year, we saw they had eliminated all local discounts (Unless they've resumed them since the holiday).

On another note, The GSR has a "Free 2 nite stay" deal for folks that live at least 50 miles away.
http://www.grandsierraresort.com/deals/offer/cpgiveaway?offer=CPFREE (you don't have to buy the steak dinner)
I just checked- rooms are avail for mon and tues after the Burn. I think they may be strict about staying TWO nights.

Me and the Missus have traveled up from Carson City half a dozen times in the last year for these 2 nite deals. They finally closed the :Local" aspect with this offering :(
Just_Joe

Camp Name: ABC (Alphabet Block Camp)

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:28 pm

weather man wrote:
On another note, The GSR has a "Free 2 nite stay" deal for folks that live at least 50 miles away.
http://www.grandsierraresort.com/deals/offer/cpgiveaway?offer=CPFREE (you don't have to buy the steak dinner)
I just checked- rooms are avail for mon and tues after the Burn. I think they may be strict about staying TWO nights.

WOW.. WHAT? This is serious. 2 free hotel nights with the blackout dates not even happening on entry or exodus nights?! This needs to be blasted out there.. dammit. I'm torn now. I have plans to go visit family on the 6th and leave the 7th. I don't really want to do 2 nights. Wow.
junglesmacks

Postby LostinReno » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 pm

weather man wrote:The 7.77 deal is no longer.... when there for Santa Crawl last year, we saw they had eliminated all local discounts (Unless they've resumed them since the holiday).

Me and the Missus have traveled up from Carson City half a dozen times in the last year for these 2 nite deals. They finally closed the :Local" aspect with this offering :(

Wow, I guess we haven't been in a while. :( Our company stopped having Xmas parties, 'splains why I haven't been in there in a while. They figure locals don't gamble...yet it applies if your from Fallon?? :twisted: Fr's
LostinReno

Postby Raven9940 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:48 am

Just booked my room for the 28th! Thank you so much, this saved me a lot of time trying to find a place to crash before the burn. Now just need to find people to rent a car/get out there with.
Raven9940

Burning Since: 2010

Postby tinomuypicante » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks Dr. Pyro,
Took advantage of Barbie Death Camp Reno Hotel Deal, just booked a room for me and friends.
tinomuypicante

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Kostume Kult

Postby ChilliPapaSmurf » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:12 am

Doc Pyro, Thank you!

And thank you Barbie Death Camp Wine Bar and Bistro! (That's a mouthful)

From this bunch of virgin burners a night in a hotel post-burn will be sorely needed. I have a couple of friends who are camping with you guys so we will definitely be dropping by very frequently! So excited!

And I've been trying to look for the Meet and Greet, when and where is it?

Peace, love and silliness to all.
The Baron, Chilli Papa (Doc) Smurf Asif Duvalier
Do each and every thing as if you do nothing else.
Basho
ChilliPapaSmurf

Location: London, The United Kingdom of Great Buggering Britain

Postby bigbluedoggy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:18 am

Thursday, 6:00pm, 3:30 and E. Be there!
Don't go complicating my reality with facts.

Destiny Lounge Returns for 2015! Are you ready for... The Vortex of Destiny?!?!
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:41 am

So. Who's at the hotel on Sunday the 28th? We could meet for drinks or something...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby creativecstasy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 am

I just booked a room for both ends of burning man. There's still space this close!

Thanks for organizing this deal!
creativecstasy

Postby peacefulhuman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:19 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:So. Who's at the hotel on Sunday the 28th?

We'll be arriving late Saturday night, the 27th, and staying two nights. Our plan (as it stands now and is subject to change) is to leave the hotel in the middle of the night Sunday (Monday) to hit the playa while it's still dark (for the thrill of seeing the city at night on our approach) and being in line at the gate when the sun comes up. For some reason, the gate at dawn sounds appealing...
peacefulhuman

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Share Resources