who needs what

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Re: who needs what

Postby Sic Pup » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:08 pm

C.f.M. wrote:I need a platonic sugar daddy.



+1
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
User avatar
Sic Pup
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Location, Location

Re: who needs what

Postby discoguruinoz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:16 am

Sugar daddy at burning man. You must be a real cheap date.
discoguruinoz
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:02 am

Re: who needs what

Postby DustHand » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:57 am

discoguruinoz wrote:Sugar daddy at burning man. You must be a real cheap date.

Image
Burner from Baltimore
)'(
User avatar
DustHand
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:41 am
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Burning Since: 2010

Re: who needs what

Postby ygmir » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:46 pm

*just a bump..........the free stuff threads are good, too, but here folks post what they're looking for.

I may have a free box trailer, 4'x4', 14" car rims and hub/axles, folding tongue. has lights.
no registration, never been licensed. I made it for a friend who ended up not being a friend, so, I still have it.
Light duty, but, solid. probably 500 is lbs capacity.......I'm sure it'd carry much more, depending on how far you go and how good your tires are.
2" ball hitch.

I'll try to get pics.........there's some here somewhere on eplaya.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: who needs what

Postby ygmir » Fri May 11, 2012 8:57 pm

ygmir wrote:*just a bump..........the free stuff threads are good, too, but here folks post what they're looking for.

I may have a free box trailer, 4'x4', 14" car rims and hub/axles, folding tongue. has lights.
no registration, never been licensed. I made it for a friend who ended up not being a friend, so, I still have it.
Light duty, but, solid. probably 500 is lbs capacity.......I'm sure it'd carry much more, depending on how far you go and how good your tires are.
2" ball hitch.

I'll try to get pics.........there's some here somewhere on eplaya.

found photos:
Image

Image
Image
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: who needs what

Postby ygmir » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:34 am

I have a free Yamaha Virago, 750 cc.
been here 20 years, since my friend moved to Taiwan.
no title, but I'm sure it can be gotten.
ran last about 6 years ago.
been out of the weather, but, very dusty.
carbs are off, needed rebuilt. not sure if it got done.
One guy said he did it, but just brought them back and didn't put them back on, so?


good shape, as far as cosmetics, though, I think.
probably just super dusty and such.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: who needs what

Postby knowmad » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:28 pm

C.f.M. wrote:I need a platonic sugar daddy.



Just come back C.f.M. We miss you!! :cry:
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Re: who needs what

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Is it worth starting one of these in the 2012 subforum?
Or have we already and it's just old business we're taking care of here?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37425
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: who needs what

Postby felony » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Barbie Death Camp needs a motor fuel tank-the tanks used during the oil crisis of the 70's. A lot of trucks were converted to propane fuel and are now obsolete. We need it for flame effects and so far have been unable to locate a single one. Good news is there is no demand for them so they are relativley cheap. Bad news is they are had to find. Can anyone help BDC find one???? We are loosely based in the Sacramento area, but could possibly travel to pick it up.
User avatar
felony
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: around
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: who needs what

Postby ygmir » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:09 pm

felony wrote:Barbie Death Camp needs a motor fuel tank-the tanks used during the oil crisis of the 70's. A lot of trucks were converted to propane fuel and are now obsolete. We need it for flame effects and so far have been unable to locate a single one. Good news is there is no demand for them so they are relativley cheap. Bad news is they are had to find. Can anyone help BDC find one???? We are loosely based in the Sacramento area, but could possibly travel to pick it up.


wrecking yards, and probably RV wrecking yards specifically.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: who needs what

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:09 am

What about yards that handle warehouse forklifts, or are those tanks too small?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
User avatar
Bob
 
Posts: 6762
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:00 am
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Re: who needs what

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Are there wrecking yards that specialize in forklifts? How interesting.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37425
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: who needs what

Postby ygmir » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:58 am

I scored one of those "hook on the bike, pull the baby behind" cart things.......looks to be complete, the cloth stuff is ratty, but good bones if you wanted to fix it for a bike trailer. prolly needs tires (bike type).


I also still have the little 4x4 box trailer mentioned earlier, for behind a car.

lots of 2x6 heart redwood end cuts, up to about a foot long.

all free, of course. I'm in Grass Valley, CA.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: who needs what

Postby inthecolumbiagorge » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 am

I got 100 yards of fake fur for $40 and would be happy to share if someone needs some. Just send me your address and I will get it in the mail the same day. It is sort of blackish background with purple "hairs" and here is a photo:
Attachments
5Ne5I75E73L63Ic3o6c7i35f40e71ff541ba2.jpg
5Ne5I75E73L63Ic3o6c7i35f40e71ff541ba2.jpg (47.92 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
User avatar
inthecolumbiagorge
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm
Location: Columbia Gorge

Re: who needs what

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:10 pm

inthecolumbiagorge wrote:I got 100 yards of fake fur for $40 and would be happy to share if someone needs some. Just send me your address and I will get it in the mail the same day. It is sort of blackish background with purple "hairs" and here is a photo:


If you're willing to cut it into strips at home (to contain MOOP), I hear the camp doing Pimp Your Bike (Bioluminati @ 2:30 and Rod's Road) needs donations of fur to give out for bike decoration.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
User avatar
BoyScoutGirl
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:04 pm
Location: SD, CA
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Re: who needs what

Postby gyre » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 pm

There's always scraps for that.
Shame to waste solid material for that.

Amazing deal.
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15346
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Re: who needs what

Postby inthecolumbiagorge » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:51 pm

BoyScoutGirl wrote:
inthecolumbiagorge wrote:I got 100 yards of fake fur for $40 and would be happy to share if someone needs some. Just send me your address and I will get it in the mail the same day. It is sort of blackish background with purple "hairs" and here is a photo:


If you're willing to cut it into strips at home (to contain MOOP), I hear the camp doing Pimp Your Bike (Bioluminati @ 2:30 and Rod's Road) needs donations of fur to give out for bike decoration.


Ok...I will check with them! Thanks for the info:-)
User avatar
inthecolumbiagorge
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm
Location: Columbia Gorge

Previous

Return to 2011 Share Resources

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest