Need 3/4 ton truck to get bar car to playa

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Need 3/4 ton truck to get bar car to playa

Postby janeees » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:23 pm

This is a $20k bar car, which will be serving about $500 a day in alcohol at Burning Man. None of this warm Pabst in a can bullshit, we will be serving real cocktails in real glasses on a granite topped bar.

The bar is on a trailer and I need the use of a 3/4 ton diesel truck with a 5th wheel hitch to transport it. After this year, the bar will be stored in Gerlach. I need to either borrow the truck or drive up there with you about a week before Burning Man starts. We'll spend one night with the Temple Camp and come home the next day.

After that, I will see you on the playa where you will have carte blanche on the bar car. Last year, we were the best place on the playa and this year it's even better. Of course, I will pay for gas and something for your time.

If you think you want to help with this, call me, I'm not online and am posting this on a friend's computer. Call Doty at 707-996-0003.

Thanks.
janeees

Re: Need 3/4 ton truck to get bar car to playa

Postby helitack » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:49 pm

janeees wrote:This is a $20k bar car, which will be serving about $500 a day in alcohol at Burning Man. None of this warm Pabst in a can bullshit,

Impressive but...not really...gonna bring the ferns too?

Reality is for you people who can't handle Pabst...
helitack

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Re: Need 3/4 ton truck to get bar car to playa

Postby Lassen Forge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 am

janeees wrote:This is a $20k bar car, which will be serving about $500 a day in alcohol at Burning Man. None of this warm Pabst in a can bullshit, we will be serving real cocktails in real glasses on a granite topped bar.

The bar is on a trailer and I need the use of a 3/4 ton diesel truck with a 5th wheel hitch to transport it. After this year, the bar will be stored in Gerlach. I need to either borrow the truck or drive up there with you about a week before Burning Man starts. We'll spend one night with the Temple Camp and come home the next day.

After that, I will see you on the playa where you will have carte blanche on the bar car. Last year, we were the best place on the playa and this year it's even better. Of course, I will pay for gas and something for your time.

If you think you want to help with this, call me, I'm not online and am posting this on a friend's computer. Call Doty at 707-996-xxxx.

Thanks.

Ahhh... Sonoma County. Temple Camp. Answers a lot of questions.

OK Doty... Help #1 - Look in the PD, buy that F-250 in there, and put a 5th wheel flat in place of the U-body. 10 large. Maye another 2 for the 5th wheel, go to Santa Rosa, there're welding shops there that can set you up. Done and you're self sufficient. And if you have such a huge gig, you'll need a support vehicle - that U body would be just the ticket.

Help #2 - I don't know what gig you have, but $20K for a bar car and $500 a day in booze isn't that much. And unless you restored a case steam tractor and built a mobile victorian for 20 grand, it doesn't seem likely you had the coolest gig on the playa.

Not saying yours isn't awesome - it may well be - but it's a far reach to say it's the best.

Side comment - thanks for reminding me why I am so glad I left there years ago, when it went from cool farm country and awesome people to what it's sadly become...

bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Return to 2011 Share Resources