solar pool lighting

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

solar pool lighting

Postby RINGMASTER » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:10 pm

Wanted to pass along this idea in the spirit of The Green Man! (although part of me wants to be selfish because I wanted a unique way to find my camp at night!)

Costco has solar pool lights that you can just float in the pool. They're inside of plastic globes and like I said are intended to float, but if you weigh down the base with some sort of block or maybe a paint can with cement or well.. get creative... you can position them around the perimeter of the camp to light your way home. They're about $20 for a pack of two and the light changes between red, blue, and green.

I haven't opened them yet and I don't know how bright they are (bright enough to be seen at night by passing bikers? too bright to annoy your neighbors?). Up here on the Oregon Coast we're still getting clouds and rain despite being nearly July!

Anyways - I think they'll work well.

:)
RINGMASTER

Bring spare batteries.

Postby Rusted Iron » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:31 pm

I bought acouple last month. Not too bright but awfully pretty. One is still working fine. The other died in about a week.
Rusted Iron

Return to 2011 Share Resources