WANTED: A Ride for some paintings from MA

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

WANTED: A Ride for some paintings from MA

Postby blysse » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:49 am

Hi, all:

My 81 yr old mother has just closed out the home of her elder sister, an artist, who's just gone into an assisted living facility following a stroke. Part of the process was going through my aunt's paintings to select a few to send my way.

Here's the deal -- my mom is supporting several siblings of mine on a substitute schoolteacher's salary, so shipping the paintings will be prohibitive. Is there anyone coming out to the Burn from Massachusetts (Bedford, to be precise) who could pop 2 or 3 wrapped paintings (none larger than a sq. yd) into their truck for meeting up and exchange of hostages at the Burn this summer?

What can I do for you in return? Well, I'm the proprietress of Mystic Massage, a walk-in massage facility in Silicon Village (formerly Burning Silicon) and I can promise an amazing massage for your efforts and these paintings' road fare, and that's just for starters.

So, if you're heading out to BRC from Massachusetts and might be able to stash some more artwork in your vehicle, and would like a guaranteed mind-blowingly amazing massage in return once you hit the Playa, look me up!!!

Thank you for your attention. You may go back to your regularly scheduled programming now.

Blysse
Proprietress, Mystic Massage at Silicon Village
Cat Herder & Cruise Director Extraordinaire, Silicon Village
blysse

Postby gyre » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:07 pm

I will be going there but not until after the burn.
If you don't find anyone that can help, email me (not pm) and I'll talk to you at the burn and see if I can help.
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Return to 2011 Share Resources