low income t-grrl virgin needs a ticket. hook it up somehow?

Yep, you can buy, sell, barter or gift them here.

low income t-grrl virgin needs a ticket. hook it up somehow?

Postby niymaay » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:46 am

hi ya'll!

my name is niymaay.
i'm in florida as of now. i REALLY hope to get out to la playa three to four weeks early to volunteer my ass off for setup. ..dunno if it'll happen. however, i will be attending the burn this year as a virgin. i have a confirmed plane ticket to sedona, AZ (what i could afford) on the 18th of july which i will be on.
i'll also be contributing my musical skills and my ms2000 synthesizer, mic, 12 channel mic/line mixer, guitar and some FX. and of course: AAALLL MY LOOOOOOOVE!!! anyone gentle can play with my gear too so if you know folx who're going and need shutff to play on/have played for them...

thing is, i only make $888 a month. i'm hoping to get a cheap ticket and could really use the help.
what'd'y'say?

i can do money order, western union, bank wire transfer, credit card, whatever. probly not cash unless you're in FL or AZ.
or i could trade you many hours of masage work if yer in AZ(before the burn) or SF (after the burn)

aloha!! love and light!!
niymaay

Postby Lassen Forge » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:17 am

Unless you're already in with DPW (or can get in) don't pln on being there early... would be disappointing... Figured I better let you know ahead of time.

Sedona is a *long* desert way from BRC... make sure you have your second half of the trip out there. NOt to mention the way home.

Check the BM website to see if you can still get a low income ticket. Haven't paid attention to see if they're still available or not.

Just make sure you have what you need to survive the time at BRC - remember - radical self reliance is practiced there. And you're in a desolate desert wasteland where it goes over 100 in the shade in the day and 35 at night. Plan ahead. Water, Shelter, Shade, Food, Clothes, anchorage for your camp... And then think of the whatever.

Oh, BTW - the Playa dist may well kill your electronic instruments. May get lucky, you can try to keep it sealed someewhat, but can you rebuild what you got when the alkali dust shorts it our internally? Something to think about.

Good luck, see ya there!

BBS
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

hmmm...

Postby niymaay » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:21 am

ok, thanks for all the info.
i thought electronic music was a huge part of burning man, though? how do all the other ppl bringing electronic gear deal with it?
niymaay

Re: hmmm...

Postby HughMungus » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:02 am

niymaay wrote:ok, thanks for all the info.
i thought electronic music was a huge part of burning man, though? how do all the other ppl bringing electronic gear deal with it?

No. Just about every genre is there, but, it's not even that big an element anymore.

Your best bet is to immediately find out who in your local area is going to Burning Man by getting involved with any regional groups that might be out there. You should also check out the rideshare board on the Burning Man website which will let you post your rideshare requirements and find people who might give you a lift.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

thanks again...

Postby niymaay » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:51 pm

things i know i should've done months ago but me=too lazy...hehehe...

so burning man has changed a great deal in the past few years, huh? you say its not really very music oriented anymore? or could there be camps still pumping out the boomboom shizzit that yer just not aware of? i'm confused. cause i thought there was lots of boomboom...

:oops:

well, anyways...thanks for thre info. i dloaded the survuval guide and whatnot and stayed up many hours finally reading the website last night. (til about 2pm, actually!) haha see how far off linear time i am..haha!

love light and gratitude
niymaay

i also wanna say i can do PAYPAL TOO!

Postby niymaay » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:50 pm

YEP YEP.

:D

who got my shits?
niymaay

Re: thanks again...

Postby HughMungus » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:17 pm

niymaay wrote:things i know i should've done months ago but me=too lazy...hehehe...

so burning man has changed a great deal in the past few years, huh? you say its not really very music oriented anymore? or could there be camps still pumping out the boomboom shizzit that yer just not aware of? i'm confused. cause i thought there was lots of boomboom...

:oops:

well, anyways...thanks for thre info. i dloaded the survuval guide and whatnot and stayed up many hours finally reading the website last night. (til about 2pm, actually!) haha see how far off linear time i am..haha!

love light and gratitude

Well, you can find just about any genre and probably lots of it. Either there's less music-oriented camps, or, I'm not looking for them anymore. Probably the latter. No matter what, you'll find what you're looking for. Trust me.

Ride share: http://www.burningman.com/preparation/r ... share.html

Looking at the regionals map and the lack of Florida regionals, your best bet is the ride share board.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

cool.

Postby niymaay » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:32 pm

i'm sure i wil...

and:

well, i'm flying to sedona,Az on the 18th anyway
niymaay

Postby Janka » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:19 am

DallasPlaya, your impression of less music might become from the (I think fairly new?) recommendation that most noisy people set up camp at the ends of the arc, so the techno-whatever camps tend to be more "out of sight"? I assure you they were there last year.

That said, I am not certain going to BM *just* for your music / party-type of choice is the cleverest ever thing to do. I do not say no one should - whatever works for you - but personally, I feel that camping in the dust just to get into a party/rave/disco/whatever that is fairly similar to what you could get in your hometown, or in the closest bigger city anyway, is waste of your time. Burning man is so much more, and the best things there are the ones you do not do at your home: the things that are new for you, and the things that do not even exist out of the playa.
"The great way is low and plain,
but people like shortcuts over the mountains."

http://www.iki.fi/janka/log/
Janka

Music, Travel & Tickets

Postby bex » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:20 pm

There are all types of music found out there - including a lot of electronic stuff. Any camp that wishes to play loud music is asked to pre-register and they will be placed in the "large scale sound zone" along the edges of the city (10:00 and 2:00). The reason for this is that sound travels a LOT on the playa - they are placed on the edges of the city with speakers pointed out into open playa so the sound travels away from the city.

In the past there was a 'loud side' and a 'quiet side' - it didn't work too well because the loud side noise was pointed right at the quite side and traveled right across the playa.

Check out the theme camp listings for 2005 on the website - I am SURE you will find some large scale sound camps with electronic music looking for djs.

As for equipment - YES playa dust is pure concentrated evil. Be very careful with your stuff - keep it as clean as you can or build a covering for it all - it will eat your stuff.

Tickets - theh e-playa is THE best place to find a cheaper ticket at this point. The deadline for low income tickets has passed (July 1) and we are buried in a pile of mail for it now.

Be sure to check the ride share board - your best bet is to get to Reno. From there you can easily find a ride to the playa.

You will need to bring all you need for survival - good you read the survival guide - you should also check out the first timer's guide on the website.

If you aren't already plugged in with the DPW you won't be able to go out early. There is an early arrival list - if you are not on that list you will be turned away at the gate and told to come back once the event has started.

Good luck - hope you make it out there.

bex
bex

Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: Camp of Doom!

Return to 2005 Tickets