Will Call VS regular Mail

Yep, you can buy, sell, barter or gift them here.

Will Call VS regular Mail

Postby IndigoFlash_ » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:35 pm

I've never had any problem getting my ticket in the mail before but with all the fees attached and the extra bump in price I opted for will call. Anyone care to extoll the virtues of either and share your experiances?

btw at 1258 I may have a completed transaction **fingers crossed**
IndigoFlash_

Postby Dork » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:38 pm

I've done Will Call for the last 3 years and it rocks. No stressing out about where the ticket is being stored, all you need is your ID (which you need if you're driving anyway) and the confirmation number just in case. The only reason I'd have a ticket delivered to me is if I forsaw needing to resell it at some point. You CAN sell will-call tickets, it's just a little more work.
Dork

will call

Postby redstar » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:44 pm

I also do will call - only option for those of us outside North America. Selling your ticket if you need to via will call is actually a pretty easy online process these days - did it last year with no hassles at all.
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Ghandi
redstar

Postby billybwilde » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:53 pm

I do will-call. It rocks.

Last year, all my car-mates were stressing about where they kept their tickets all year.

I just stroll over to the booth when we show up.

As long as you're not buying to resell (which requires transfering the ticket... doable but a pain), it's the best option.

If for some reason will-call is closed when you show up (i.e., early arrival before the Friday before BM), I'm sure they'll still let you in... or have you sign something saying you'll come back... or something of that nature.
billybwilde

Postby MrChevere » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:13 pm

I was amazed how well will call works. your at some plywood shack out in the deser and your name pops up on thier screen and your ticket is waiting for you. there wasn't a line and the people standing around were fun to look at.
It was like this when I got here, honest.
MrChevere

Postby robotland » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:53 pm

I've done both snailmail and willcall, and had satisfactory results with both. The crowd at the booth was minimal (and fun to look at, indeed!) so that was no problemo, even on a monday afternoon; My secure-delivery ticket came exactly one week after ordering. Although to have a real ticket does risk losing or forgetting it sometime during that most-of-the-rest-of-a-year, I just like having it around as an antidote to snowy Michigan winter days.....The tickets look cool this year, too.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Return to 2005 Tickets