BRC Lindy Exchange 2005 - Swing Dancing on the Playa!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

BRC Lindy Exchange 2005 - Swing Dancing on the Playa!

Postby epiphany11 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:29 am

A few years ago a group organized a virtual BRC Lindy Exchange - a site where everyone could post their playa swing dancing events for other dancers to find. I, for one, would love to do some swing dancing on the playa, so please post here if you're hosting or have heard about a swing dancing event that will take placwe at BM this year.
Thanks!!

Epiphany
epiphany11

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Want It!

yay, found some dancing!

Postby epiphany11 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:20 pm

dinosaurwilly wrote:Want to dance to something other than techno/electronic music on the playa? Well, here is your chance! We are going to have an informal blues/swing dance on Wednesday night from 7-9PM at the Blackrock Animal Research Farm (www.dinosaurwilly.com/barf).

We will be doing our animal research happy hour from 5-7pm, then have our experimental chicken dance at 7pm and then kick in to the blues/swing music for a couple hours.

If there appears to be alot of interest in this, I will do a second dance on Thursday night from 7-9pm as well.

Please let me know if you are interested!

"The Captain"

see http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?p=175268#175268for more info.
epiphany11

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Want It!

Postby dinosaurwilly » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:08 pm

Yeah! That was our camp in 2003. Here is the link to the OLD Bman Lindy Exchange page (for old times sake)
http://www.sflindyexchange.com/BMLX/Welcome/

Anyhow, there is nothing that organized this year, but as the previous post indicates, we will be doing some lindy and blues at the Blackrock Animal Research Farm (Formerly Camp Recharge). We are planning on a dance for Wednesday from 7pm-9pm and will do one on Thursday as well if there is interest.

See ya on the playa!
"The Captain"

www.dinosaurwilly.com/barf
------------------------------------
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
dinosaurwilly

Playa Jazz

Postby MandaMoon » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:38 pm

The Third Inversion Jazz Cafe is at Center Camp & 3:15 for your listening enjoyment. Live music every night. Irish Coffee too (depending on how motivated we get).

No dance floor (carpet) and a mix of jazz...but there could be some swingy tunes here and there...if you see me, please ask for a dance! I'm the short red-headed groupie of the camp.

Manda-B

damn, wouldn't I love to show up at a dance somewhere with a "Burning Man Lindy Exchange T-Shirt!"
MandaMoon

Postby lennyjones » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:35 pm

Our camp Sunvalley hosted a dance night a few years ago as part of the Lindy Exchange. We're not doing one this year, but we'll come to yours!

Lenny + Claudia
lennyjones

2009 BRCLX?

Postby missloo12 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:21 am

I would really like to do this for this year, any advice as to how to make it happen?
missloo12

Re: 2009 BRCLX?

Postby Elderberry » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:17 pm

missloo12 wrote:I would really like to do this for this year, any advice as to how to make it happen?

If you do manage to get this together, let me know. I'll be there!

Last year (2007) there was a dance camp. They had all sorts of activities scheduled and lessons too. One that caught my eye was naked tango lessons. Unfortunately that was my first burn and I never managed to find the camp. :(

JK
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby missloo12 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Well... I'm gonna try. I will post something on the board for 2009 and hope for the best.
missloo12

Return to 2005 Art & Performance