Iam never home!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Iam never home!

Postby Crankful » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:05 pm

I keep getting calls from the BM staff about my application for an art project I am briniging to BRC...but they just leave a message that they will call back...no return phone number so I am at wits end (not far to go)on how to get in touch...I kept hearing complants about not enough art last year so I am going to contribute....space assigned or not...any suggestions?
Crankful

Postby Badger » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:57 pm

...any suggestions?

Start with making arrangements to have your phone answered and follow up with a reply call (basic courtesy). Otherwise don't be surprised when you show up with your grandiose project that you get told that:

1) you can't put it there because someone else did answer their phone

2) you can't put it there because someone else followed through and had the space (tentatively assigned to you) assigned to them

3) you didn't bother to mention that your piece involved 400 gallons of gasoline and two tanks of hydrogen next to Kid's Camp because you didn't RESPOND TO THE PHONE CALLS.

Now answer the damn phone.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Dustdevil » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:47 pm

HEY! I only have six tanks of hydrogen and it isn't gasoline, I am using methanol. Seriously, the vast majority of the staff are volunteers. When I make calls to artist for flame effects for the DMV I try to pick a time that is appropriate for the numbers on the app, after 6:00 pm for home phone etc. Often times I call from work if I couldn't reach the person in the evening, but I do not leave my work phone for call backs as it is not always convienent to take calls on the job. If you have a cell phone, you might consider changing the message on your machine so the caller will attempt to reach you at another number.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp

you guys are a gas

Postby Crankful » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:55 pm

For what it is worth....I got the number for the BM mothership and called it and BLUE (you are great) helped me connect with those involved with oking my project....I will have small tractor which runs on petro so no big plans for flame throwing unless the John Deere decides to self destruct which is always a possiblity...
Crankful

Return to 2005 Art & Performance