Need some artcar supplies and possibly sponsorship

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Need some artcar supplies and possibly sponsorship

Postby PantyMechanix » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:24 pm

I have been in South America for 9 months and will be back 2 weeks before the event. I have a vision for an artcar and am broke. I am donating my car to my art and need some free supplies for my vision.
My car is titled:
Ayahuasca: A vision

I need donations of cash or the following items:

Magic
floresent and blacklight paints
foam board and big pieces of foam
foam balls
clear plastic balls
plywood thick and very thin
2 x 4´s and thinner
good speakers and some sound system equipt
rope and other lighting
working car batteries
silky blankets
fake fur
maybe some helping hands
more time

anything would help
I am still in Peru, but I have a place you can drop the stuff off.
PantyMechanix

Postby Dustdevil » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:48 pm

Have you submitted an application yet? Time is growing short.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

For the art car prereg??

Postby PantyMechanix » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:03 am

If so, sure did, just looking to find a scanner here in the jungle, (which is really difficult), in order to scan the drawing I made of my car. I will e-amil it before the deadline of July 15, since mail here isn´t all that reliable.

Thanks
PantyMechanix

Almost forgot...Need transport for the artcar as well

Postby PantyMechanix » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:08 am

I no longer have my truck since I sold it for my trip, I may need help towing my artcar from Oakland to the playa. If anyone has an extra car trailer or any other means of towing that would be so helpful as well.
PantyMechanix

Postby blyslv » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:52 am

When you're done setting up PM's project I could use some help wiping my ass. I have a place to drop it off. Single ply only please.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Re: Need some artcar supplies and possibly sponsorship

Postby robotland » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:03 am

PantyMechanix wrote:I have been in South America for 9 months and will be back 2 weeks before the event. I have a vision for an artcar and am broke. I am donating my car to my art and need some free supplies for my vision.
My car is titled:
Ayahuasca: A vision

I need donations of cash or the following items:

Magic
floresent and blacklight paints
foam board and big pieces of foam
foam balls
clear plastic balls
plywood thick and very thin
2 x 4´s and thinner
good speakers and some sound system equipt
rope and other lighting
working car batteries
silky blankets
fake fur
maybe some helping hands
more time

anything would help
I am still in Peru, but I have a place you can drop the stuff off.

I just sent you 14 pounds of high-quality magic. Perhaps someone else will contribute a half-ton of reasonable expectations, since this isn't sounding like your year for art cars unless you're keen on a Fitzcarraldo theme.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Kinetic IV » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:28 am

Confirmed Dead: Radical self reliance. RIP.

Damn, I need $350 for gas, a $250 ticket, a camp shower, someone to haul extra water and can I get a cool looking propane fire cannon too? Can I just ask and the playa gods will deliver it to me?

Asking for help is one thing but that's a bit much.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Why don´t you try building an art car from the Peruvian...

Postby PantyMechanix » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:37 am

Why don´t you ry building an art car from the Peruvian Amazon and shipping back to the Playa.

Give me a freaking break.

I am busting my ass as best as I can from the jungles of Peru to create something mindblowing and amazing for all of you to enjoy. I only have 2 weeks to do this when I return and it will be very hard, hard work. I don´t have the option like the rest of you to have all year to build my visual pleasure for you. If I had the entire year and work to make money, I would be able to complete this with just my means like I have in the past. I thought this was a community event, by the people for the people. I guess the unity is a thing of the past as well. I will bust my ass to get this done regardless of anyone´s help, for the people who will apprecialte it and for the rest of you I will apply robotland´s gift of the 14 tons of magic to make this artcar invisible for your eyes only.
PantyMechanix

Postby Kinetic IV » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:52 am

Perhaps you should step back and give this project of yours a reality check. Ignoring the supply side and donation issues, if all you have is two weeks to build it is that really enough time? Will you build it and then arrive on the playa so frazzled that you don't enjoy what you built? If so what good is that?

It seems like a pretty tight timeline, IMHO.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Re: Why don´t you try building an art car from the Peruvian.

Postby blyslv » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:52 am

PantyMechanix wrote:Why don´t you ry building an art car from the Peruvian Amazon and shipping back to the Playa.

Give me a freaking break.

I am busting my ass as best as I can from the jungles of Peru to create something mindblowing and amazing for all of you to enjoy. I only have 2 weeks to do this when I return and it will be very hard, hard work. I don´t have the option like the rest of you to have all year to build my visual pleasure for you. If I had the entire year and work to make money, I would be able to complete this with just my means like I have in the past. I thought this was a community event, by the people for the people. I guess the unity is a thing of the past as well. I will bust my ass to get this done regardless of anyone´s help, for the people who will apprecialte it and for the rest of you I will apply robotland´s gift of the 14 tons of magic to make this artcar invisible for your eyes only.

Mr. Mechanix,

Your sense of entitlement is truly breathtaking, but may I make a suggestion please? Take your two weeks and your energy and channel it into something that you, and you alone can make. It doesn't have to breathtaking or the biggest thing on the playa. Yes, and even then you still have a very good change of getting laid.

I work. I have a job. I guess that makes me a hopeless square. I have choosen not to capitalize on my position in the richest society on earth by going to a considerably poorer country and using the difference to live like a king. However I am doing my art and not asking total strangers to give me the bulk of the materials to do it. Why are the ones who complain about a lack of unity the ones who ask ask ask for something from the "community" (drink!)?

I do have a project. It is small and intimate and will be on display in our village. I do have one loose end, however. I haven't worked out the wood delivery, I figure I need about half a cord of firewood. Can you bring that please? You can burn your art as well, we'll do it together. And it will be easy to clean up.
blyslv

Postby Don Muerto » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:39 pm

I am busting my ass...to create something mindblowing and amazing for all of you to enjoy.

Does this translate to "tripping on Ayahuasca with a 'shaman' and visualizing large-scale mobile art during the comedown?"

If it does, I would like to remind you that capturing your addled mental state in vehicular form adorned with donated materials on a very short time frame is a dodgy business.

I would also like to remind you that you are not "busting your ass", you are begging with the intent of busting your ass in August. Intentions are funny things that don't often translate into art projects, and I wonder if your dedication will hold and truly translate into art whether or not your plea for materials is successful.

In a nutshell, lots of shit can happen in 8 weeks, including, but not limited to:

01) An outpouring of love, materials and labor from the community
    02) A fatal bushmaster bite
    03) A pile of unused donations that you are too lazy/rushed to turn into your artcar
    04) Logger ambush that wipes out the shaman's village and you with it
    05) An amazing artcar that captures the Ayahuasca experience
    06) Longterm incarceration for cocaine smuggling
    07) An amazing artcar that never gets built because its creator had better creative faculties than he did social graces
    08] A blowgun marriage to the native girl you knocked up with your one-eyed "vision vine"
    09) A non-amazing artcar that gets impounded at the gate because the application was not submitted
    10) Death by kurare-tipped dart fired by the villagers you hit up for donations to build your awesome "jungle-vision" vehicle.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Don Muerto

Postby robotland » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:43 pm

I couldn't get Googlemaps to calculate the distance from Peru to the Playa....Lima OHIO is about as far from BRC as Kalamazoo is, which is where I'm driving from, alone, with a three-level structure featuring an amusement ride that I built all by myself with my own resources. I feel a great deal of self-satisfaction from accomplishing that. You build an art car in another country in two weeks and get it to the playa and I'll be impressed. Even if it's Canada. Oh, and keep whatever magic's left over.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Don Muerto » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:49 pm

He's not building in Peru, he is currently tripping in Peru.

His plan is to: submit the DMV application, continue tripping in Peru, fly 16 hours back to the USA, pass Customs, bum a ride home from the airport, assess the worthiness of the donations, build an artcar, bum a tow to the playa, enjoy BM.
Don Muerto

Postby Isotopia » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:29 pm

I've made an altar to you Don Muerto.
Isotopia

Postby Chai Guy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:03 pm

and I am currently worshipping at said altar.
Chai Guy

Postby Don Muerto » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:27 pm

If you guys really worshipped me, you would donate time, money and materials to *my* amazing playa art project.

I am thinking about busting my ass to bring you massively inteactive fire-art using only natural and renewable resources found abundantly on the playa.

I am calling it: "Patchouli Smoke: Burn Hippie Burn"
Don Muerto

Postby robotland » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:50 am

Don Muerto wrote:He's not building in Peru, he is currently tripping in Peru.

His plan is to: submit the DMV application, continue tripping in Peru, fly 16 hours back to the USA, pass Customs, bum a ride home from the airport, assess the worthiness of the donations, build an artcar, bum a tow to the playa, enjoy BM.

I stand corrected. And wouldn't have even posted, had I seen your reply first. I'm the guy back there in line for the altar. One-eyed vision vine! Hoo-ahhh!!!!!
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby PantyMechanix » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:40 pm

I would like to thank the one´s who gave me the shit that was cloging up their workspace and in their way, I now have everything I need for my car and I did get speared last week as well as cutting 2 fingers to the bone and I am still building the freaking car. I am not living as a king unless you consider $400 a month being a king. As far as getting laid I´m not worred about that either, I got my dick cut off in a logging saw quite some time ago when I was trying to run over hippies.
PantyMechanix

Postby blyslv » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:49 pm

Excellent! Can I borrow $5 or at least grab a ride to the ice vending station?
blyslv

Postby PantyMechanix » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:51 pm

The $5 bucks I can´t help you with, but the ride you got it baby
PantyMechanix

Postby Chai Guy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:31 pm

I am not living as a king unless you consider $400 a month being a king.

I do.

"Poverty is heavily concentrated in rural areas, where more than two-thirds of the population is poor. Over half of rural Peruvians are considered extremely poor, that is, living on less than $1 a day. The incidence of poverty varies across regions. Poverty rates in the sierra (highlands) and selva (jungle) are nearly double that of coastal regions. More than half of the extremely poor population resides in the rural sierra, though it has less than a quarter of the national population. Indigenous peoples comprise an estimated 15 percent of the population, but have a poverty rate of 70 percent."

from: http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/LACEXT/PERUEXTN/0,,menuPK:343633~pagePK:141132~piPK:141107~theSitePK:343623,00.html
Chai Guy

Postby Don Muerto » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:01 pm

Chai Guy wrote:I do.

Statist
Don Muerto

Postby PantyMechanix » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Well shit, last night when I was walking home from the cerimony, I slipped in some cosmic slop and knocked myself out. When I awoke there was a pigmy standing over me drooling and had just consumed my foot and ran off. As I crawled through the forest I was shot by a dart gun and fell in a deep cavern. When I came to, I was lying next to a time machine, so I stumbled up, got in and went back in time to find that damn pigmy again. I found him in time right after he had consumed my foot and asked him why he had eaten it. He replyed "My wife was pushing me too far and I had to put a foot down" I pleaded with him and told him my woas and he kindly agreed to return my foot. Shit, now I am back and well and have a time machine and all the time in the world for the playa. I guess I can turn it into anything I want. Thank yo Mr. Pigmy.
PantyMechanix

Return to 2005 Art & Performance