seeking bass, guitar, horn player and drummer

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

seeking bass, guitar, horn player and drummer

Postby mamasaid » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:33 am

Hi,

I've tried to convince my band to come and play this year, but to no avail. So I am seeking a bass player, guitarist and a drummer who want to play a 2 hour set a day, starting probably Wednesday at Black Rock City Performance Center aka The Spirit Room.

I am asking for the following prerequisites:

1. You can read a chart and are mostly a solid rhythm section player
2. You are fun to work and play with and you check your ego at the door
3. You love music and want it to be a central experience for your burn
4. You have and are bringing your rig (We have an enclosed tent that will cut down on the dust for your amps)
5. You like soul-funk-R&B-songwriter type music you feel you can learn with a chart and a CD.
6. You take the music seriously, meaning you do not show up wasted and unable to play. Please, no speedsters/tweakers. (no demon energy. please)

I am:
A musician/singer/keyboardist/songwriter currently living in San Francisco and I run a band, Madi & the Service. I have charts for most of my music which I call Original Soul. (had to make my own genre, the others didn't fit) Covers I like to do include some Aretha franklin, John Scofield, Marvyn Gaye, Sheryl Crow, Portishead. I plan to house this act in our camp, The Spirit Room. Our location is yet to be determined. (We are praying for center camp)
Ideally, the players I am looking for have some jazz/blues skills and can rock out too. I plan to do a heavy set a day, but would reserve the early part of the week for set up and rehearsal. you ought to be there by Tuesday at the latest. I am also wanting to do a Sunday Gospel service sometime in the morning. So I need players who won't leave til sunday after the service.
There is a good amount of music to learn in a fairly short time, but if you feel you can hang, please contact me right away.
I have played this music with lots of types of musicians and have found a common comment which, humbly said, is that they dig the songwriting.

The spirit room will be a beautiful space to create live music. It's gonna have a lotta soul. If you want to contribute your talents and time, please don't hesitate to contact me. I know it's gonna be a bad-ass time!!

In service,
Madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

musicians

Postby mamasaid » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:20 pm

it's going to be sooo cool, for real yo...

"...hello, is there any body out there?..."
Pink floyd, The Wall

Madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby iamtonynyc » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:20 am

im a guitarist from nyc that would be interested in doing live music. last year i played in a band that did all covers and one night we did a gig on the nautilis. the nautilis is a big old accordion bus thats decked out in an underwater theme. anyways, we drove around the playa and it was a blast. and he's looking for bands for this year.

the biggest thing about getting a band together on the playa is getting the drums.

anyways, if you want send me pm so we can talk or you can email me at imtony1 at gmail com

peace
iamtonynyc

Re:

Postby PatternInterrupt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:21 pm

iamtonynyc wrote:im a guitarist from nyc that would be interested in doing live music. last year i played in a band that did all covers and one night we did a gig on the nautilis. the nautilis is a big old accordion bus thats decked out in an underwater theme. anyways, we drove around the playa and it was a blast. and he's looking for bands for this year.

the biggest thing about getting a band together on the playa is getting the drums.

anyways, if you want send me pm so we can talk or you can email me at imtony1 at gmail com

peace

Hi Tony!
If you'll be available on Tuesday at Burning Man and are up for a musical challenge between now and then, check out my post and let me know if you're interested:
http://tinyurl.com/BM2011Guitarist
Darko
PatternInterrupt

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Gamelan X

Return to 2005 Art & Performance