Suggestions for my mutant vehicle theme please.

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Suggestions for my mutant vehicle theme please.

Postby MarkM3 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:19 pm

Let me begin by saying that I intend to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Department of Mutant Vehicles, and am a veteran mutant vehicle driver and understand the importance of sobriety, safety, and the 5mph speed limit. Now on to the fun stuff.

I recently acquired a 3 wheel atv that is undergoing surgery. It will emerge from this strenuous medical treatment about 8 feet longer. Thats right, a 10-12 foot long stretch atv! The transmission is geared low with plenty of torque at 5mph.

[b]What art theme do I make it into?[/b]

The idea is to make it interactive (able to carry many passengers safely), artistic, illuminated (perhaps a transparent fiberglass body?)

One option is to make an Apollo style rocket, with large rocket boosters on the rear to cover the rear tires to prevent people from getting hurt. The body would be semi-transparent white and illuminated from within, as well as some sort of lighting to mimic the flames.

Another option is a huge peni s (but that was what I made 2 yrs ago and would like a fresh idea.)

Creative ideas are welcome.
MarkM3

Re: Suggestions for my mutant vehicle theme please.

Postby Will » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:08 am

MarkM3 wrote:Another option is a huge peni s (but that was what I made 2 yrs ago and would like a fresh idea.)

Creative ideas are welcome.

But that idea is so easy. It's already got the basic shape you need...

Make it look like a canoe? Have people behind you row with oars.
50's retro rocket? A giant hand and forearm? Gun barrel? Give it a member of its own? Pierced? A giant red arrow, and give the trailer a "You are here" sign. Mount a water gun to the front of the thing, with the trigger on your handlebar and paint it like a giant super soaker? Anyone else?
Will

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:43 pm

I giant well lit arrow pointing backwards so people will look at whatever is behind you instead.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby MarkM3 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:05 pm

I like the big arrow idea! A huge red arrow illuminated from within so it really stands out at night. Perhaps a flat top with hand rails so people could ride?

Keep them coming, I like these ideas!

Mister Jellyfish Mister, those are great links you have in your sig (mutantvehicle.com) Can't wait to see some of your projects.
MarkM3

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:17 pm

be thematic

Lobotomy
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby robotland » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:39 am

-Wrap it in brown canvas, and install bright red LEDs in one end- "Sometimes it's JUST a cigar".
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Return to 2005 Art & Performance