I have an idea...

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

I have an idea...

Postby Nauss » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:08 pm

But is it too risqué and/or icky and gross?

The idea is simple: a large banner of the American President, Mr. George Walker Bush,available for urination. Unleash your anti-Republican rage!

Just a thought. :D

We'd also provide funnels if necessary. :p
2012: Year of the New World!
Nauss

Postby ThePikey » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:19 pm

Could be a sanitation issue with that... I mean, if it was on a plastic tarp or something and drained into a chemical toilet, that might be ok, dunno...
ThePikey

Postby othereye » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:29 pm

Maybe check around with some people who've done poop patrol (search the forum for the phrase to find them) and see if you could modify the idea as such:

Make self-adhesive easily-removable (think post-its!) stickers of a large scale to be applied to the interiors of the port-a-pots?

Another idea, less invasive and more participating first hand, is one that someone mentioned as a "wish" on another thread. Dress as G.W. with a mask and suit and then tape a "Kick Me" sign to your back! You'd probably get some affectionate paddling that would cheer up the paddler without hurting you. You do, however, run the risk of actually getting a running-start-drop-kick. It'd be a great way to meet people and participate, though!!!
"Sometimes, honey, you just have to look reality in the eye and say..... 'what happened to your other eye, dude?!'" - Angela Waversak, as quoted on eriswerks.org
othereye

Postby Nauss » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:48 pm

...I like it.

That's a great idea. ^ ^

I'd be willing to sustain a little pain for the sake of humor. :D
2012: Year of the New World!
Nauss

Postby Bronwen » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:05 pm

It's a great idea! I dont know about the sanitary logistics but the idea is terrific. I have a couple of ideas for Bush jokes for our camp too. Methinks we might see quite a few of them on the Playa this year.
Bronwen

Re: I have an idea...

Postby ZaphodBurner » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:24 pm

[quote="Nauss"]But is it too risqué and/or icky and gross?

The idea is simple: a large banner of the American President, Mr. George Walker Bush,available for urination. Unleash your anti-Republican rage!

[/quote]

What I see happening are conservative--or apolitical Burners trying to get away from the culture of political hate and partisan bashing--pissing on everything but the banner.

"Oops. Did I piss on your leg? Sorry. I missed."

Personally, I'm no Bush fan but for fucksake people. Let it rest for a week.
Pissing on the image of the President isn't going to do anything but make you clean up the urine of people who already agree with you and alienate people who might otherwise attempt to respect your opinion.

Suppose an image gets printed somewhere and next year the RNC wants to show up at BM and crank Rx Limbaugh through their speakers, or promote their Xtian anti-gay agenda?

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby lurker » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:15 pm

i dunno...that kicking thing sounds like fun

and it works for all sides....

if you hate Bush, you can give him a whack and indulge in a little catharsis...

and if you don't hate Bush you can give the person in the mask a whack and indulge in a little catharsis....

see? it's a win-win situation....
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"
lurker

Return to 2005 Art & Performance