We are a band from the bay area that has been together for 6 years going on 7. We are responsible "competent" musicians and going to burning man to perform this coming year. Check out the music and get back to me. 3 piece but have guests artist a lot (turntables, sax, congas, flute, keys, you name it).
Weve been touring the west coast off our first CD and EP and are looking to do music full time so we never burn bridges (responsible).
-------- go to music page to listen
------- new songs
[quote="mamasaid"]Well, after months of wondering if this was going to happen, the universe has granted it to be so.
So, it's on...
The Black Rock City Performance Center will happen this year of the Psyche.
My intent is to locate, and book Burners who have an outstanding live musical performance that they would like to share on the Playa. Now, before your little wheels start turning, let me tell you about the vision for the space.
I am looking to book acts that:
1. are exceptional. Meaning, you have your act together, you play well together as a group (if you are a band) your music speaks/sings, and you have that "something" going on.
2. have spirit/soul. Your act must have the power to engage and include the whole room, every person. Electricity, connectivity, transcendence.
3. are primarily LIVE music. Turntables must be PART of the band.
4. are responsible about showing up on time, not so stoned that you forgot how to play your music and definately NOT drunk.
5. want to contribute in a musically unique and powerful venue with other unique and powerful musicians.
Genre is less important to the essence of the space than the group's/musician's collective ambience/soul. So don't let genre hold you back from being considered.
I am hoping, at this point, to have a backline ready to go, meaning there will be a house drum set, keys, guitar and bass amps, microphones, etc. However, exceptions will be made for those bands who really need to use their own stuff, be ready to do some moving around.
I'm cool with solo acts as well, so long as you feel comfortable with the 5 things I listed above. (Instrumental or Vocal)
If you are interested in being considered for this very special performance space, please contact me with the following information:
1. Name of Act
3. Why you feel like this would be YOUR PLACE to play
4. An example of your work, either by website address, emailing an mp3, or physically sending me a CD or tape. (email me, I'll send you my address in private)
If I like what you have and feel it would contribute well to the space, I will ask that you make a committment to either doing it or not. I know the best laid plans can really fly right out the window on the playa, and usually for the best anyway. but if you want to do this, and I will bet it will really be a special time and worth it, you need to be committed to making it there on time!
Combatting the general burner-complaint that there ain't enough good live music on the playa,