Artists Seeking Stages

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Artists Seeking Stages

Postby spanky » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:44 pm

Greetings!

This thread used to live on the old ePlaya and I gathered it was high time to fire it back up. This is a thread to help bands who are coming to Burning Man find camps (or mutant vehicles) with stages to perform on. It's sorta the flip side of Stages Seeking Acts thread, so be sure to check both.

So, if you're in a band and are looking for somewhere to perform at Burning Man, you've come to the right place! Post a reply in here and see what happens...

~Spanky
spanky

replying

Postby friday » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:49 pm

yes im in a band and were bringin our equipment up this year. we would like to play at some theme camps or wherever
Friday
friday

Postby Bronwen » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:02 pm

Our camp is planning on bringing a stage for use by whomever would like to use it! If you had your dream stage (any performer) what would it be like?!
Bronwen

Postby damon » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:43 pm

Again, this year, I'm bringing my ambient/downtempo/asian beats CD collection together with 2 CDJs and mixer and I'd like to to offer "background" for any chillout room, lounge, mindaltering installation, projections or sunrise (I'll never forget playing during sunrise last year :)

You can download my latest psyambient mix here

It's a .rar archive, so all You have to do is click, save, and unpack :)
damon

Postby InPursuitof808 » Tue May 03, 2005 9:31 am

Not seeking a stage but I'm seeking artists/bands/anybody who would like to have their work recorded - I'll be running around the playa again this year with all recording gear stashed away in costume so if anybody would like a copy of their performance just let me know when and where and I'll do my best. PM me with the details.

Will
InPursuitof808

Postby damon » Wed May 04, 2005 7:11 pm

InPursuitof808 wrote:I'll be running around the playa again this year with all recording gear stashed away in costume

I'm just curious: what are You going to use? Minidisc? MP3 Recorder?

Peace
damon

Postby damon » Sat May 07, 2005 10:20 pm

damon wrote:Again, this year, I'm bringing my ambient/downtempo/asian beats CD collection together with 2 CDJs and mixer and I'd like to to offer "background" for any chillout room, lounge, mindaltering installation, projections or sunrise (I'll never forget playing during sunrise last year :)

You can download my latest psyambient mix here

Right click and save as :) (no more .rar archive :) )

Enjoy:

damon

Postby kevin shawn » Tue May 10, 2005 4:11 pm

Hello everyone. I was wondering what if anyone was looking for another DJ to come out and play some tracks. I spin Trance and am not looking to make any profit, just expand peoples minds a little on music.

If you know of anyone looking or you yourself are looking for any DJs please shoot me an email at djkevinshawn@hotmail.com

Demo CDs can be downloaded below: :D

http://www.eraver.net/eraver/music/pafi ... nloa&id=74

http://www.eraver.net/eraver/music/pafi ... load&id=34

http://www.eraver.net/eraver/music/pafi ... load&id=61

I have more if you would like to hear some more of my stuff. Lately I have been playing a little harder edged but I have the softer stuff and the harder stuff. :D

Thanks and good luck, hope to see you there!!!!

- Kevin
kevin shawn

Postby YerNotDaBossOMe » Mon May 16, 2005 9:37 pm

Nice stuff, Kevin. Kudos
There...I said it and I'm glad!
YerNotDaBossOMe

Postby Sandwichman » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:18 pm

Yup another dj here.

I spin all kinds of assorted house music. I spin a bit of techno. I spin also a little of this and that. Then to top it all I am a live performer. I use vinyl pretty exclusively. My website has several mixes of all different genres. http://www.djjasonphilips.com

I would insert all kinds of adjectives about my music that defined it as the perfect music to transcend space and time but in the end it is music to shake your ass to.

If interested get in touch, we'll talk.
oonsa oonsa for your feets click here
Sandwichman

Postby daveb » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:06 pm

were in a band coming from s.f. --- or part of one. looking for stages, hopefully with funky drummers... love to jam

email dave b --

avenued11@sbcglobal.net

ok then :twisted:
daveb

Postby Diarmuid » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:27 am

Hi all i am dj/producer and will be at the b-man this year 2005
I play dub, trip hop, hip hop, elctro just like to fit the mood at the time and add in some other sounds to my sets along the way.
Will be bringing some records and my finnal scratch and laptop a long with me.
Would love to play a set at the b-man this year so any stages seeking artists contact me please at
diarmuid.ds1@gmail.com

you can here my music at www.departurelounge247.com the site sound be up and runing in a few days it under construction at monment.

later...........
Diarmuid

not a DJ! (read on...)

Postby pi » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:33 am

hi.
i'll keep this quick and simple.
looking for somewhere (doesn't even have to be a stage) about the city to do a reading of Beckett's "Waiting For Godot".
thinking somewhere around the three o'clock neighbourhood and somewhere else around the nine o'clock (Center Camp already has lots of spoken word stuff).
can't say it'll be good, but it will be read.

lovepi
pi

Burning Since: 2001

Ambient Armchair Encounter

Postby kovrov » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:27 am

Did you enjoy the Ambient Armchair Encounter last year? If so, read
on!
We are the group of experimental musicians and DJs that brought the
continous 24-hour long Cycle of Celestial Ambience to the playa last
year. For logistical reasons, we can not bring the new and improved
Ambient Armchairs back this year (BORG denied us an art grant,
waaaaah!!). But some of us are likely to still make it to the playa.
We
are all fans of ambient and experimental electronic music and are
looking
for kindered spirits among the Burning Man community!

If you have a sounstage for which you would like an
ambient/experimental
DJ, let us know. We are especially interested in doing an epic
all-night
dusk-till-dawn ambient excursion, but shorter time-slots are welcome as
well. Also, we would very happy to do an ambient Burn-time
performance,
before the festivities of the Burn-night erupt.

Also, let us know of any cool projects and/or events having to do with
weird music, so we can check it out.

To get a notion of our tastes, here are our playlists from last year:

http://www.malchik.net/aae/tracktable.html

The Playa is Earth's Eardrum!

Sincerely,

Kovrov (kovrov@yahoo.com)
Shmumer
Lukich
Invisible Gottlieb

the AAE team.
kovrov

Postby submodern » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:40 pm

hey,

we're submodern, we play live ambient electronic music. we've been playing music at burning man for the past few years, and this year we have a new beat-less ambient set influenced by classic ambient artists like tangerine dream, brian eno, global communications, aphex twin, etc. every year we bring our gear out to the playa and play things live, there are no turntables or computers, just our nord modular synthesizers and some effects.

we had a great experience last year, met a lot of people, and had a lot of fun. this year we've stripped away the beats and made things even more introspective than before to go along with this year's "psyche" theme. you can check out a sample of the sort of music we'll be playing at:

http://submodern.com/lagunambient.mp3

note that while it is electronic music, this will be a very mellow, introspective live set so if you are looking for dance music or a dj, you will probably be disappointed. likewise, if you aren't that into dance music you might still like what we play, our songs tend to have a lot of pretty melodies and soothing sounds and be pretty relaxing.

we're happy to play anywhere, any time, so just send us a pm or contact us at submodern@submodern.com if you are interested. all we need to play are some speakers, some power, an RCA in jack, and a few people interested in listening, so don't feel like you need a huge sound system or anything. we'll also bring some copies of our album to give to people who are into it.

thanks and see you all on the playa

submodern
submodern

Postby damon » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:30 am

submodern wrote:we'll also bring some copies of our album to give to people who are into it

I'm going to try to catch You and grab one copy :)
damon

Funky Dj from DC AGFA

Postby FunkWeapons » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:58 am

Im a dj ready to come play and rock it out for you cats, just let me know what day and time you need me and Ill be there. If you need to check my skills Ive included several links to my dj mixes, my full bio can be found here www.funkweapons.com..

I spin as Rusty B of the All Good Funk Alliance. I play hip hop, funk, breaks and classics..

http://www.lemurgene.com/audio/stream/high-001215.m3u

http://www.lemurgene.com/audio/stream/low-001221.ram

http://www.lemurgene.com/audio/stream/low-001079.ram

www.funkweapons.com
[url][/url]
FunkWeapons

our band Çancel will rock your stage...

Postby Fysche » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:50 pm

just say where & when!
We R a cross B tween
Velvet Underground & Smashing Pumpkins.

We just got back from a kick ass tour in Europe and we R set 2 rock The Playa!

All we need is a stage...

Thanks!

-Çancel

www.myspace.com/cancel
Fysche

the mole

Postby the mole » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:13 am

copied from my other post:

hi. my name is the mole. i run motion recordings - a record label of sorts - and i make strange, psychedelic, acoustic experimental hip hop/dancehall/punk rock, or what i call "future music". my performance also includes super-elastic rapping/singing/yelling, magical/comedic dancing and surreal/hyper-real costumes. this will be my first time to burning man - i'm working the gate for my ticket - and i plan on rocking as many soundsystems as possible (in order to generate energy which i will dedicate towards the ongoing creation of a freer shared human reality). so anybody who might be interested in having me perform on your system, please get in touch with me. here is my web page, including live video, etc: http://www.motionrecordings.com/themole i'm also seeking a crew of dancers/hype people to help increase and regulate the flow of on-stage energy. i have some way-hot full-body spandex suits in case you need a costume. contact@motionrecordings.com (510) 663-3019
jonah/the mole
ps - i'm still looking for a ride and a camp...
future music: <a href="http://www.motionrecordings.com">motionrecordings.com</a>
the mole

Seeking stage on the playa for muti-media performance

Postby Peter Doty » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:09 pm

I'm producing a multi-media event called "Happy Trails" at Burning Man this year, and I'm looking for a stage out on the playa, pref. Thursday night, but am flexible.

Here's a short description. As a take on this year's theme "Psyche," this nighttime event will pay homage to the psychedelic roots of the San Francisco counter-culture, in the tradition of the Avalon Ballroom & Fillmore scene of the 60's. My vision is a non-choreographed, free form / improv dance performance to Quicksilver Messenger Service's "Happy Trails" album. Sole light source will be original fractal images projected onto the dancers & backdrop, creating a psychedelic union of music, movement, and light. I'm looking for a stage out on the playa, away from noise & lights of the city. If you're interested or want more info, fastest way to reach me is to please CALL Peter at (415) 252-7459 (my online situation is kind of a nightmare right now, and I can't get e-mails on a regular basis...)

Cheers- Peter Doty
Peter Doty
Author of "Bikinie Jones And The Pinched Family Jewels"
e-mail: petersdoty@hotmail.com
Peter Doty

Quixote's Cabaret Club and Bar

Postby chrispburn » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:02 pm

passing this on for my village mates withing Avalon Synapse Station, 7:30 & Catharsis

and sorry, just realized I got this backwards, this is a stage seeeking artists

Quixote's Cabaret Club and Bar needs you!

Are you a comely cabaret performer, a bawdy burlesque or a riotous goodtime gal/guy with an act to impress the lads and lasses of Black Rock? If so Quixote's needs you. We're a collective from Europe and our gift to the desert this year is a cabaret club, complete with a bar and a shiny red windmill.

Now we're looking for performers. From stand-up comics to sword-juggling
strippers, we want your help to produce three evenings of Playa chaos.
We've got the staging, we've got the sounds, we've got the cutest Irish Nurse on the Playa and now we need you.

If you'd like to be part of the Quixote's experience, Contact: ukmontyuk (at) yahoo.co (dot) uk
chrispburn

sexy deep house for daytime bar

Postby The Bass » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:26 pm

sexy deep house dj available for daytime bar camps with soundsystems... think Pinkie's or an Ibiza-y beach bar: Naked Music-y stuff as a starting point, lots of places from there.

PM me and I'll send you a mix.

i'm mostly playing harder stuff at night at my camp (Disorient), but i'm bringing a great box of happy sunshiney house and would love to fill your afternoon sometime.

there all week. vinyl only.
The Bass

Nautilus X needs fuel for the warped core

Postby Captain Nemo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:18 am

Ahoy eplaya Burners!
The Nautilus X will be making our 4th voyage out to the Playa this year. The Nautilus X is an operational 60' MAN and was the last bus retired from SF MUNIs articulated bus fleet. It ran the 38 Geary line for many years. Our theme this year will be "Transducer X", we will transport and transform all those that come on board to new states of consciousness. We are looking for any Bands, Djs, and Musicians that are confirmed to go to Burning Man this year and would be interested in performing on board. We will take nightly tours of the art with a constant inflow of new guests to delight with your vibes. All performance will be from the "Warped Core" which is the according section in the center of the vehicle. The warped core is a very interesting area, as both ends move that area remains an inertial calm area so its perfect to perform from. We can accommodate bands up to 4-5 members as we have had several bands perform on board in the past. We have a fully functional sound system with internal and external speakers and a DJ table set up so all thats needed is for DJs to bring their vinyl. Anyone interested please email me back with a contact number at dsvnautilusx@aol.com. For more information please check out our webpage @ http://hometown.aol.com/dsvnautilusx/
Thank you and see you all out on the playa.
Next stop Black Rock City!
Mobilis In Mobili
Captain Nemo
"This Sonic Transducer - it is, I suppose, some kind of Audio-Vibratory, Physiomolecular Transport device?" -Dr. Everett Von Scott
Captain Nemo

Live Laptop/Audio Video Jam Session

Postby forbiddencolors » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:36 pm

Hey there, I am a freequent participant in a weekly event in New York called "share". http://www.share.dj

Basically its an open event where (mostly computer based but some acoustic with pickups) audio and video artists get together in a space and have a jam session for the evening. Its always really interesting (For the participants at least) because you get to hear how your ideas sound juxtaposed with elements you would never think to introduce. In New York the event has been going on for years and is pretty highly evolved at this point, there are anywhere from 2-15 artists simultaneously providing comunicating on an extremely artistic level in trying to create something beatiful and temporal for a space (not to mention and streaming out on the web). I was thinking about getting a portable sound system to do it myself out on the playa somewhere sometime... but if theres a stage (or large structure with a soundsystem) open for a few hours sometime, I think this would be a great way to use it.

I guess I'll have to see if there are a few artists out there interesting in taking part, and then if theres a camp willing to host us. Anyway artistas let me know if you want to do something like this, and camps let me know if you want to host it.

thanks
forbiddencolors
forbiddencolors

San Francisco Based drum and bass DJ Looking for Stage..

Postby emune » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:43 pm

I am a Drum and bass/Jungle coming from san francisco and would love to bring my records down and throw down a set at burning man. I spin everything from melodic,atmospheric dnb to the hard techy dnb. I like to mix it all up and have been spinning out at raves/clubs for 2 years now. Let me know if anyone is interested in letting me spin.
emune@sbcglobal.net

Thankyou..
emune

Looking 4 stage to do spokenword/hip hop/ and freestyle

Postby Moshe One » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:54 pm

Yo!! I'm looking for a stage that has djs (House) that needs an MC to spit concious party rhymes...not your average coffee house shat....I gots the Mic, you gots the speakers and the tweakers...hook a brotha up....

peace.

Moshe One
Moshe
mosheone@mac.com
emoshe.com
peace.love.unity...sets ur mind free.
Moshe One

Postby Bren » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:16 pm

Hey,I mc,not to run of the mill pretentous pseudo ghetto crap either.I like to actually keep it real.Because vioilence isn't glamourous.Community spirit is what hip hop was founded on,so Burning Man sounds the perfect enviroment for live music.STOP REHEARSING!Get out the bongos and lets freestyle till we can't jam anymore.
I'm from Ireland and i'm makin the trip.So it'd be an added bonus to get to
rock the house with my people on the other side of the pond.
Bren

Help point my circus in the right direction!

Postby VertigoCircus » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 am

I am having a crisis and the clock is ticking!

I'm a hardcore aerialist and last year my contribution to the playa was to perform 3 times a day, which almost killed me, but was amazing and showed me that it's true that the playa really does give back as much as you put in. I met some amazing people and I even had my picture put in the New York times. I got to be a kind of representative for The Burn which was an honor.
This year I want to create something a little more organized and put on a performance every night at center camp. I have the people, I just don't know who to contact to try and organize it and get it put in the program and such.
So... The moral of this story is that if any one has any leads or ideas, please drop me a line and help a carnie out!

Thank you so much,

I hope we have an amazing burn and I get to do my three a day again!
Benn Mendoza
Director - Vertigo Aerial Acrobatics Posse/The Hot Boy Circus
www.bennmendoza.com
VertigoCircus

center camp performances

Postby tisha2 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:53 am

hiya sweetie!

saw yer post (did you realize you posted in last year's archived forum?) - spanky, who is one of the techies who runs this site, is also in charge of the stages in Center Camp. he has a thread up under the Get Involved heading. post there, or send him a PM. it may take him a while to respond - he's a very busy boy, our Spanky.

would love to see you perform again!
~tisha2
center camp*cafe*volunteer tendress
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby saturday's child » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:44 am

hello, saturday's child would love to participate in burning man this year. we're a lively, engaging, rock band with catchy, original, dance-able songs with a smattering of tasteful cover tunes. the best compliment we always seem to get is that we are very tight and professional with a great stage presence when performing live. if you're interested, please go to www.myspace.com/saturdayschild or www.ourbandrocks.com to give us a listen. thanks for your time!

best regards,
jason
saturday's child
saturday's child

Next

Return to 2005 Art & Performance