Black Rock City Baywatch

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Black Rock City Baywatch

Postby ryanicus » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:02 pm

I've been thinking about this concept for a while. A Baywatch theme camp. We would have a makeshift wooden lifeguard tower on the front of our camp. All the guys would wear the traditional bright red lifeguard shorts, and the girls would wear the red swimsuit. We would all carry whistles, and a rescue tube. We will contribute free sunscreen to the community, and we will even apply the sunscreen on peoples' bodies. We would have a lifesaver at all times and at random times during the day we will pick an unsuspecting victim who may need rescuing, and provide them with mouth to mouth resusciation. Other activities could include CPR classes...

E-mail me if interested ryanicus@gmail.com
"What matters most is how well you walk through fire..."
- Charles Bukowski
ryanicus

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:07 pm

Um...
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby geekster » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:25 am

make it more theme oriented ... maybe some large men in white garb with straightjackets to round up people caught spectating. You could then put them through a battery of "tests" and then begin a regiman of therepy.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Re: Black Rock City Baywatch

Postby helitack » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:46 am

ryanicus wrote:I've been thinking about this concept for a while. A Baywatch theme camp. We would have a makeshift wooden lifeguard tower on the front of our camp. All the guys would wear the traditional bright red lifeguard shorts, and the girls would wear the red swimsuit. We would all carry whistles, and a rescue tube. We will contribute free sunscreen to the community, and we will even apply the sunscreen on peoples' bodies. We would have a lifesaver at all times and at random times during the day we will pick an unsuspecting victim who may need rescuing, and provide them with mouth to mouth resusciation. Other activities could include CPR classes...

E-mail me if interested ryanicus@gmail.com

huh?
helitack

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:06 am

during the day we will pick an unsuspecting victim who may need rescuing, and provide them with mouth to mouth resusciation.

You might need to re-evaluate that idea. Sounds borderline yahoo-ish to this reader.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby robotland » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:18 am

...and running in slow-motion is very tiring.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby sputnik » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:02 am

I don't know guys. This might be workable if they lost the 'babewatch' attitude. I'd move this out to the open playa though, or maybe along the playa side of Esplanade with the towers facing away from the city. But you'd really have to stay in character. Playafy the outfits, some kind of olde time beachwear maybe. Make up an inflatable rescue raft with wheels that you drag out when you rescue someone (but loose the uncalled for MtM unless the victim asks to be resusitated)
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:00 am

Maybe we could supply "Rescue Annies" for resusitation. And they could stand by scultptpures and tell people not to swim or boat so near the deadly rocks. What would constitute a "playa rip-tide"? and DEFINATELY have a few great white shark spottings.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2005 Art & Performance