req rumor control: La Contessa

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Postby Jordan 10-E » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:00 am

Kinetic IV wrote:Perhaps it's time for a positive comment about LaContessa...

Whenever anyone asks me about Burning Man and I start in describing it, I ALWAYS mention LaContessa. That ship stands out as one of the iconic art creations on the playa for me and left me shellshocked and speechless the first time I saw it. While it may have had some operator handling and control issues I privately wish it could be brought back every year, regardless of the theme. In my mind it just fits the environment....LaContessa simply belongs on the playa.

And since I know the message will get back to those who had a hand in building her, thank you for gifting us such a wonderful creation.

I totally agree!
10E
Jordan 10-E

Burning Since: 2002

double secret probation?

Postby Rockdad » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:30 pm

Jordan 10-E wrote:
Kinetic IV wrote:Perhaps it's time for a positive comment about LaContessa...

Whenever anyone asks me about Burning Man and I start in describing it, I ALWAYS mention LaContessa. That ship stands out as one of the iconic art creations on the playa for me and left me shellshocked and speechless the first time I saw it. While it may have had some operator handling and control issues I privately wish it could be brought back every year, regardless of the theme. In my mind it just fits the environment....LaContessa simply belongs on the playa.

And since I know the message will get back to those who had a hand in building her, thank you for gifting us such a wonderful creation.

I totally agree!

I agree too! Saw her Monday or maybe Tuesday after burn parked right on the esplanade walked around her taking pictures and talking to crew she did not looked damaged to me in fact bartered some smokes for a bottle of T from a group camped with her.
Must be someway to put her on double secret probation and let her sail the Playa seas.
The pellet gun story if true was just plain stupidity but the person not the ship should be punished! I wonder if it was the same shooter that shot the guy out on the Playa in the head?
As for crashing into a dune/RRtrack who cares except the owners that have to fix it?
Eplaya Bar Camp 2006 "What will it be"

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby sidecar tommy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:32 pm

thanks ya'll - sorry for the freak out - one of those days - so i'm also the drummer and one of the principal music writers/arrangers for The Yard Dogs Road Show - it's a blast - you should see it sometime - we'll be(if our tour schedule permits) performing at burningman again this year - we'll be embarking on our 5 month US tour come may, so keep an ear to the pavement - say hi, but only if you like it - lol - peece - tommy
don't talk shit - it looks real bad
sidecar tommy

Postby Sensei » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:43 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:Whenever anyone asks me about Burning Man and I start in describing it, I ALWAYS mention LaContessa. That ship stands out as one of the iconic art creations on the playa for me and left me shellshocked and speechless the first time I saw it. While it may have had some operator handling and control issues I privately wish it could be brought back every year, regardless of the theme. In my mind it just fits the environment....LaContessa simply belongs on the playa.

Nice, K. I'm in absolute agreement.
Sensei

Previous

Return to 2005 Art & Performance