Did you see the Freak Show?

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Did you see the Freak Show?

Postby HappyCJ » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:50 pm

I think I had a psychotic episode... can anyone prove me wrong?

Blinded by vodka and other stuff, I stumbled into the big tent at Center Camp late one night (or early the next morning, depending on which way you look at it).

Couch cushions were flying everywhere. The place was full of psychos, and on stage was a mind-blasting sight: an honest-to-god carny freak show, with an amazing band!!!

The female washtub-bass player was totally captivating to me, but there was also a female jug player, violinist, washboard player, and guitarist. They played twisted psycho Tom Waits music while genuine freaks of nature came out on stage and performed.

I was transfixed.

I was mortified.

I was thrilled.

I was also alone (nobody from my camp with me), and can find no mention of this sideshow attraction ANYWHERE!!!

Does anybody know what I saw? Or where I can get more information or photos?

Thanks,
- CJ from HappyCamp
HappyCJ

Strange

Postby SHAMOR » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:17 am

I am in the same boat. I too was mezmorized by the tub playing female. I had actually stumbled upon that band and freak show twice., and the next time I saw them I introduced myself and had a talk with the lovely creature.

I do not remember their name so if you get any info on them let me know and I will do the same for you
[u]SHAM[/b]
SHAMOR

Re: Strange

Postby HappyCJ » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:44 pm

SHAM wrote:I am in the same boat. I too was mezmorized by the tub playing female.

What was it about her?!? She was absolutely riveting to me.

I wish someone could tell us who they were.... anyone? ....anyone? ...Beuller?

- CJ Happy
HappyCJ

Come on, gang!

Postby HappyCJ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:28 am

Alright, SOMEBODY has to know who the freak show was that played at Center Camp. I am posting to this thread again in the hopes that as it percolates to the top of the list, someone will be able to fill me in on who this band was, and where I can see more of them!!

Thanks!
- CJHappy
HappyCJ

I FOUND THEM!!!

Postby HappyCJ » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:01 pm

I found the band that played Center Camp on that fateful night... The Sour Mash Hug Band!

They are a part of the 999Eyes circus.

There are even pictures of Shiri, the washtub player... wow...

- CJHappy
HappyCJ

freakshow

Postby doc francisco » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:11 pm

those cats rocked didnt they, truly demented, almost uncomfortable, brilliant, i kept needing to leave kind of then being transfixed, i forget the girl who was talikngs title, freak momma, pierre pressure did some mc for them, he went down to new orleans with thirdline circus, crazy kids.
extremme side show team, we met up with them in austin b4 splitting back uk. where are the 999eyes based ? xx d
we believe theres a little bit of the clown in everybody, and a little bit of everybody in the clown !
doc francisco

Return to 2005 Art & Performance