THE GOLDEN CAFE!!!!!!!!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

THE GOLDEN CAFE!!!!!!!!

Postby K-mom » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:29 pm

Alright fellas
This was my first burn and burn I did. Kick ass all the way through. Thank all of you.
My personal highlight was the Golden Cafe, if anyone didnt make it there it was around 4:30 and Fetish, and both days I wound up there it BLEW.....MY....MIND
best music I heard on the playa bar none.
so... now we are having an after burn decompression party and we are all remembering Friday afternoon around 5ish when we wound up at the Golden Cafe on psychadelics and saw the single coolest band on the face of the eart... it was like, middle eastern funk with strings and the guy on the bass had this look on his face... like he was trying as hard as he could to make the entire dome structure break off of the playa and go hurtling into the atmosphere... I swear I saw the structure shaking... so what I wonder is was this just a random jam meetup or were these guys a band of some sorts?

If any one knows, or know who was in charge of The Golden Cafe and could put me in touch with them I'll love ya dove ya 4-eva!

thanks
-kmom

k.is4keith@gmail.com
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Postby AntiM » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:53 am

I adore the Golden Cafe; the folks there are amazing. We found them last year as they were our neighbors across from Hushville; which sounds weird but it worked.

This year our newbie was jamming with some of the other musicians, there was also a Spanish band and they gave us a CD. I did catch the middle easternish music too but don't know if that was a formal band or not.

Try goldencafe.com, I do know they have a site.

Oh, and have I mentioned, THEY ROCK?!
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby geekster » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:02 am

One of my favorite theme camps this year. I spent a good deal of Monday after the burn there. Or was it Sunday, I don't remember.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Return to 2005 Art & Performance