Fair Warning: Cynics, Critics and Other Motherfuckers!!!

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Fair Warning: Cynics, Critics and Other Motherfuckers!!!

Postby ZaphodBurner » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:55 pm

The Zaphod Project has officially armed itself and hereby gives notice. Anybody uttering the words "Last year was better" in the camp perimeter will be summarily bound to a post and shot by our Crack H2O Firing Squad.

In fact, anybody caught passing in range of Castle Zaphod's rampart defenses and uttering same will be blasted by the Somewhat
Longish-Range Water Cannon Array while enduring Severe Obscure Cursing. If you persist we will taunt you a second time.

Sic Semper Cynics!

-gatt
http://www.zaphodburns2005.org
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Grizelda » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:03 pm

Sounds like a good camp to wander past in the heat of the afternoon. Bondage AND a refreshing blast of water. Wow. If you see someone hopping up and down in the middle of your camp shouting happily about how last year was so much more fabulous, that'll be me.
Grizelda

Postby blyslv » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:53 am

It's going to be better next year.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby shitmouse » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:58 pm

i'm arming against random water ejaculate with diesel fuel.
my friend behind me has matches. (98 was better - big block with uncapped headers)

-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=
shitmouse

Postby Kinetic IV » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:45 am

2002 was better. Virgin experiences are usually quite memorable and hard to beat.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby shitmouse » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:05 am

actually after reading the JRS this morning, AG brings a good point about anticipating this years burn. i'd have to admit we are more prepared and ready for this burn than any since our first burn almost a decade ago.

everyone's working on something, we're seeing people we only get to see once a year (if that), and we focused on something to bring to the playa, add to the community and atmosphere. more participation from everyone this year can't be anything but a good thing.
-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=
shitmouse

Postby happematt » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:58 pm

blyslv wrote:It's going to be better next year.

OMG, i know.... 2006 is going to KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!
I'm not sick silly, i have disco fever.
happematt

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:46 pm

just wait till 2021!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ron » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:15 pm

Oh, man, can I be a part time gunner? Please, please?

Ron, who's been dreaming of a water catapult for next year. Just imagine, someone's wandering around, minding their own business, and suddently 5 to 10 gallons of water come splashing down on and around them. :)
Ron

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:33 pm

Please to post diagram of your rainwater capture system.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby ZaphodBurner » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:22 pm

Ron wrote:Oh, man, can I be a part time gunner? Please, please?

Ron, who's been dreaming of a water catapult for next year. Just imagine, someone's wandering around, minding their own business, and suddently 5 to 10 gallons of water come splashing down on and around them. :)

Not quite 5 gallons, but I've seen it. My freshman year in college there was an upperclassman, a reserve lieutenant named Ritchie Cunningham (!) who had three-person water slingshot that he launched big-ass water baloons with from the roof of the building. One day, before I knew anything about it, he whapped the OSU basketball team who was trolling for girls outside a freshman dorm. They came up looking for a brawl...wrong floor, I was the only one there. When I heard about it, I looked around and as soon as I found Cunningham, I volunteered to help man the slingshot.

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Postby geekster » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:09 pm

Hmm, I think a baloon could hurt someone. Water is pretty heavy. But something that just shot a bucketload of loose water in an arc to some distance away from the scene of the crime on some unsuspecting ... might be a little interesting. Would be too evil to do at night, though.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby spectabillis » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:46 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Please to post diagram of your rainwater capture system.

spectabillis

Postby Kinetic IV » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:44 pm

That was the very LAST thing I was expecting to see! Oh man, that's good.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby JezebelinHell » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:59 am

I'm a cynic, critic, and metaphorical motherfucker (fuck you sigmon freud), but I won't be saying "last year was better" cause every year kicks ass in it's own way. Can I still get tied up and pelted with water? Please?
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:28 am

JezebelinHell wrote:I'm a cynic, critic, and metaphorical motherfucker (fuck you sigmon freud), but I won't be saying "last year was better" cause every year kicks ass in it's own way. Can I still get tied up and pelted with water? Please?

Why, yes! Metaphorical motherfuckers are our favorite!

-c
ZaphodBurner

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:28 pm

Just remember to deMOOP all those ballon shreds.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Return to 2005 Theme