I Mother Fucking Can't Fucking Wait!

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:48 am

Hey Ho Let's Go. I suppose President Rosevelt takes the longest journey prize. Unjon Harley get's Busting Ass prize. Any other categories?
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

I Mother

Postby Syntonia » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:23 am

Peopled out wanting Playa Peoples. BM virgin here missing those I've never met...forest living craving the dez place of birth in prehistoric needing petroglyphs that burn. What shall I wear? What shall I bring? What must I endure? What joy will I have? Will it hurt?
Syntonia
Syntonia

Re: I Mother

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:56 pm

Syntonia wrote:Peopled out wanting Playa Peoples. BM virgin here missing those I've never met...forest living craving the dez place of birth in prehistoric needing petroglyphs that burn. What shall I wear? What shall I bring? What must I endure? What joy will I have? Will it hurt?

Synthona: Look around your abode and join together incongruous things. For example, I fashoined shoulder purses out of neckties and oven mitts. If somebody gave me one of them on the playa I would gargle their toes.

Read the survival guide and then let your imagination run wild.

You will endure harsh playa conditions.

You will have joy in ways you do not expect

It will hurt but you will not notice (see above).
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Re: I Mother

Postby ZaphodBurner » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:40 pm

Syntonia wrote:Peopled out wanting Playa Peoples. BM virgin here missing those I've never met...forest living craving the dez place of birth in prehistoric needing petroglyphs that burn. What shall I wear? What shall I bring? What must I endure? What joy will I have? Will it hurt?

Flourescent or bright colors are hip in BRC because of the sunlit contrast against the white playa in the daytime and the blacklit cityscape at night. Believe me (leatherhead rock/industrial metal musician), you'll never look at neon pink or orange the same again after your first burn.

When I bought material for my costume at the fabric store on Monday, the orange and yellow flourescent material was so bright that the lady behind the counter threatened to spray me down with a fire extinguisher.

Personally, this time I'm wearing a tinfoil hat with a solar-powered black helicopter on it; a Darth Burner costume--if Vader had been to the playa maybe he wouldn't have been such an asshole; a bathrobe (camp name is Zaphod. Bathrobes and tea cups are mandatory); a toga and gold olive wreath, 'cause the Romans understood the glory of freeballing; nothing; my wife's Little Black Dress, a hot pink cowboy hat and combat boots.

That oughtta cover it. Oh, and a leather gladiator skirt thingie that looks like a utilikilt, 'cause even in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, leather rocks. Ask Mad Max.

Bring everything you need to survive in the desert for X+2 amount of days, including sunscreen AND a warm change of clothes. You must endure heat, dust and catharsis. You will find joy if you allow yourself to do so. If you let your guard down, joy (and catharsis) will find you.

Of course it will hurt; ultimately, you have to leave it all behind and return to the fucking world, which is more like visiting and returning from Heaven than, say, Disneyland.

-gatt
ZaphodBurns!
http://www.zaphodburns2005.org
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:01 am

I'm sick of the petty squabling, the insincere smiles (with mouths, not eyes), and talking business.

Release me Default World, release me.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby robotland » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:40 am

"The dog...the baby....Calgon, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!"
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Syntonia » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:11 pm

Thanks Zaphod B and Mr. Jelly Ef...wonderful ovenmitt and dayglo helicopter groupthinknot stuff. Household shit takes on new meaning and import. I'll practice this insideout thinking and paint my all a different color. Warm sending fuzzy headed hugs to you two brothers from eons past perhaps....
Syntonia
Syntonia

Postby Syntonia » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:11 pm

Caution: Deconstruction in progress
Syntonia
Syntonia

that deep playa itch

Postby eva girlhead » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:17 am

I haven't been to Burning Man in 4 years and I'm gonna be there in 50 days... or is it less? Will I recognize it? Will it recognize me? Will we laugh at the same jokes again, have great morning sex like before? It's so hard to know what to expect after so long... but I'll be in the man's arms again soon, just like old times.

Memories... in the corner of my subconscious...
I am NOT a leper.
eva girlhead

Re: that deep playa itch

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:36 am

eva girlhead wrote:I haven't been to Burning Man in 4 years and I'm gonna be there in 50 days... or is it less? Will I recognize it? Will it recognize me? Will we laugh at the same jokes again, have great morning sex like before? It's so hard to know what to expect after so long... but I'll be in the man's arms again soon, just like old times.

Memories... in the corner of my subconscious...

Thanks, Syntonia and Eva. MiniMan wants a date with you both (click below).

Eva- Expectation is the great killer of dreams. Do as I hope and deposit those in the dumpster behind Bruno's in Gerlach. Zen mind- beginner's mind don't you know.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

This is my first post...

Postby livinginBPM » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:04 pm

...and I figured, since it's my first post, I oughtta say.... HELLS FUCKING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a few more days till I get to smell some of that playa dust.

And I'll admit, every few months I get out my BM bag and sniff it, just for the memories.

See you all where it's hot!
"The innocent and the beautiful have no enemy but time." -- W.B. Yeats
livinginBPM

Postby ZaphodBurner » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:05 pm

"The option to override automatic detonation has expired..." -Mother

I have waited long enough. Systems shut down, drawers locked. My vacation starts in 5...4...3...2...1...

HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY AND AN AWESOME BURN!

I am SO outta h--
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:22 pm

*BUMP* Motherfuckers!
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby diane o'thirst » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:51 pm

It is literally hotter here in the Willamette Valley than it is in Madurai, India, and the Playa's even hotter right now according to Yahoo!News Weather. I should be outside acclimatizing myself but good Gods, two years of Babylon at its finest have me civilized. I'm hiding like a turtle in my air conditioned apartment.

Or maybe I'm doing the smart thing? Getting my body used to a saner, more natural "hole up during the heat, come out after sunset" desert routine? Hey, most desert critters follow that wisdom.

So. I *will* come out after Father Ra hits the horizon. I will bid a hearty good night and safe journeys to Him and then go out a-prowlin'.

32 days to Playa departure!
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby timber mischief » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:46 am

Dianne, if your going to stay inside thinking about about the playa, why not enrich that experience by turning your fan on high and dumping the contents of your vacuum cleaner bag in front of it! Don't forget to grab your goggles and mask first.

Feel better?
Imagine of you will ............ round squares..... Not spherical cubes.............But round squares.
timber mischief

Postby Lassen Forge » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:24 am

NO no no no no...

First, turn your heater all the way up to high. Close the windows for an hour or 3. THEN, turn on the fan, and...
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: that deep playa itch

Postby spectabillis » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:49 am

eva girlhead wrote:I .. I'm gonna be there in 50 days... or is it less?

just a bit, burn in t-minus forty and counting..
spectabillis

Postby PlayaPetal » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:45 pm

The rest of you skallywags: I want to smear Skippy Super Chunk on your pretty faces and lick it off like a grizzly bear after an Iggy Pop concert.

Ahh Jelly... you say the sweetes things - I would be honored... I miss you too, terribly and I can't wait to meet you.
Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
PlayaPetal

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:24 pm

PlayaPetal wrote:
The rest of you skallywags: I want to smear Skippy Super Chunk on your pretty faces and lick it off like a grizzly bear after an Iggy Pop concert.

Ahh Jelly... you say the sweetes things - I would be honored... I miss you too, terribly and I can't wait to meet you.

Roger that, Petal. I'm a good boy this year, so I can only lick it off your cheek.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Final Touches

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:26 pm

To All:

I choose to consider the possibilty that you, dear artist, are doing it just for me.

You the music maker.
You the dreamer of dreams.

At this blessed time when you feather the final touches on your work, your gentle strokes sing out to my solar plexis.

Calling me home.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby CLARKcon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:29 am

Dear Playa,

Hello, it's been awhile since we last chatted (since 2004 actually). I missed you dearly last year in 05', and must admit my indecencies by attending a different festival (PhoenixFest) other than you. But alas, I have good news! I'm coming home to see you honey! I can't wait to wrap my arms around your dusty alkali back and softly kiss your humanitarian lips. It won't be long now (just a couple weeks). I can't wait!!!
---CLARKcon
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby Lorgasm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:01 am

Dear Man of the Desert,

Sorry we missed each other last year. I've been thinking of you. I'm bringing someone I think you'll like. Please be gentle with him. Show him the way home if he gets lost. You and I have so much to catch up on. I look forward to seeing you again.

I'm coming home.

Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby pinemom » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:05 am

O sweet Man!
Ive heard you call to me over the last decade and havent had the time, expense or right people in my life to visit. Ill see you soon, for our own personal meet n greet.
Ive known you in my heart over these years and long to gaze upon your soul!
Thank you For putting meaning into my life, as well as bringing wonderful people to me as well. Thank you so much for the gifts you've given to me.
You move the earth under my feet, and paint the sky over my head.
see you soon,Love PMOM
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:34 am

Bravo to the last three posts.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby LeChatNoir » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:17 pm

(sits back... closes eyes...)

How sweet is life?
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby ibdave » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:42 pm

Been seeking your light for the last 8 years, In those 8 years many things have happened in my life. The 1st year was to cure my midlife crisis.
Year 2 was to reconnect with my wife Cindy, as she step on the the dusty playa. #3 was the year that a long lost friend of mine joined our group in the y2k burn. 4th was the year of Daves funks.. Didn't do much outside the camp. Bad vibes within my sole. 5 was alive again as my friend joined us again. 6 was with me dealing with moms death. Great place to deal with life don't ya know. 7 was heaven, as the playa gave back to me once again. Year 8 was with great importance as Dad passed. I was not going to go this year, but as he laid there losing his sole I knew then I had to go. I spent many hours at the temple waiting for his ashes to go with the great flame. Year 9 I have no expectaions as you should too.
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby LeChatNoir » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:02 pm

The ashes of a friend of mine went up in that temple as well...

This year I'll go out to deep playa and talk with him a bit. Other than that I expect dust and wind...

and I can't wait.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby robbidobbs » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:17 am

Dear 2006 Man,
I know that we've not yet met in person, but I can say I'm looking forward to finally getting to meet you after a year since I left 2005 Man.
I really hope that we hit it off from the start, and I'm keeping my expectations down, in open minded anticipation off all the adventures we have in store. As the day gets closer, I must admit that I'm getting nervous

Sincerely,
RobbiDobbs
(you know, the "shit queen"?)
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
14 years of doing the porta-potties wrong.
FB Group: Burning Man Porta-potties
Changing the world one asshole at a time!
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Postby Green Wood » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:56 am

Ooooh, "Mother Fucking"

As long as its your mother we're fucking! Hehe
I might be green, but I can burn brite with the help of my playa friends!
Green Wood

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:35 am

Bumpety bump bumping your mother... IN SPACE!
Mister Jellyfish Mister

PreviousNext

Return to 2005 Theme